Getting in Shape
Options

Picture-ific Phriday!

Here is a shot we took last night, after supper. It's the Goose River, and less than two weeks ago it was completely covered in ice and people were snowmobiling across it.

And here's a shot of my new wheels - parked in the rack. In about fifteen minutes both racks will be full to overflowing. Biking is huge here in town, and the kids trade their snowmobiles for bicycles as soon as they can. Some opt for dirt bikes and atv's, but there are a lot of bicyclists around.

And here's the cake topper that I ordered as a surprise for FI. It arrives yesterday, and I'm so torn between keeping it for a surprise or showing it to him now, because I'm so excited!

I couldn't get a topper with our model of snowmobile, but this one is super cute, and the flap on the back says 'just married.'

Your turn!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Picture-ific Phriday!

• Options

Our new kitty, Molly, who we rescued from a friend who moved in with her bf who is highly allergic.  She is a sweetie.

One of our engagement pics.  <3  www.mcgowanimages.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awww, Molly is adorable. I used to have a long haired tortoiseshell named Clancey.

Love the engagement pic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jaenellajaenella member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    jenny - love the cake topper!
    NRT - your kitty is adorable, I love tortoiseshell cats.

My girls enjoying the sun together!

FI and I finally got organized and put up our wall of pride as motivation for this year!

• Options
    Jaenella, that is awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Here's a few from this week:

If you look closely you can see the deer just chillin' in the road. They are constantly just walking around like stray cats in our neighborhood.

Aaaannnndddd, snow. In the same week as the pictue taken above. Colorado is seriously on steriods this week with weather - ummmm, hello mother nature? it is MAY!

RSVP cards that I made to send with the invites...gotta save money wherever we can!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I still have no new photos of Smushy.  BOOO.  So, I will share stuff for the next wedding I am in (and last one currently scheduled - woot!).  Here's the dress I am wearing for my friend's beach wedding on June 1 in DE.
    It won't let me post the photo-darn.  The color is Navy Blue.
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Sleevess-Satin-Dress-with-Ruched-Waist-F14823_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color

Here's my issue.  If it rains or is freezing, we will be in a church.  I have wedges that will work for this.  Either way, the reception is outside.  I will not want sandals if it rains.  But if it's sunny and warm (though I am sure it will cool down in the evening) the ceremony will be barefoot on the beach, and I might want sandals for the rest of the day.  I do not want to buy 18 million pairs of shoes, though (well, let's be real, I'd love to) for all of the different weather options.  What should I get? (For reference, the MOH is wearing ballet flats...)
    Finalists:
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/zigi+soho+charlene+flat?prodId=273566&activeCats=cat10006,cat20068

Finally, is this over the top for a RD dress for her wedding?  We haven't gotten any info on it yet, so I have NO clue what kind of RD will take place.
    http://www.lillypulitzer.com/product/Just-In/for-Women/entity/pc/1/c/3/6335.uts?swatchName=Bright+Navy+Booze+Cruise
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry about links above.  It wouldn't let me save pictures off of some of the websites :(

jenny- love the bike and the cake topper!  let us know his reaction if you don't end up keeping it a secret!  I bet he will LOVE it!
    ntr- Molly is SO cute, and I lovelovelove the e-pic! share mooooore :)
    jaenella- sunbathing furbabies are adorable <3 love the idea for the board, too - I feel like I should make H one of those
    libby-I do NOT envy the CO weather right now.  Hope you're almost done with the snow!  Love the rsvps!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Jenny - awesome cake topper AND bike!

My dress arrived yesterday for the wedding I'm in in September. The first dress was too big (Ann Taylor web site LIES on measurements & sizing!) and the straps were sort of weird. When I went to re-order they didn't have the strap dress in my size so I ended up getitng strapless. WHOA, strapless is WAY better. Not usually a fan of strapless but the design for this series of bridesmaids dresses just looks and functions better.

Guys, I just got a meeting notice for a 1 on 1 with my bosses boss...uh...not sure if this is good or bad, apparently i'm the only designer that has this meeting. Cross your fingers for me that it means they want to hire me in or move me to the digital team or both! The meeting is on the freakin' 13th! That is leaving me a whole week of sweating and nail biting wondering WTF is up.
  • Options
    LOVE the dress entropic!

I feel like the meeting has to be good - it would be weird to schedule bad news for a week in advance, because I'm sure they don't like to give it just as much as you don't like to hear it, you know?  Fingers and toes crossed for you!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Jenny I love your cake topper!  My FI would love it too (or he would if it was Arctic Cat!)

@NRT I am a tortie owner too!  But my girl is a dilute tortie. 

@jaenella I love your wall of pride.  All of my bibs are just sitting in my desk.  I really should do something fun with them!

@Lobsters I really like the second ballet flats.  If it is rainy, you won't have cold feet.  If it is hot you can slip the shoes off very easily.  I also love the rope bow detail. So freaking cute!  Oh and that Lilly Pulitzer dress...I need it!  I think the material sounds like the dress will have a bit of a casual feel to it.  I think it could be dressed up or down as needed.  But since it is only pre-order, I would hold off...just in case the rehearsal dinner turns out to be super fancy or something.  At least you don't have to worry about it selling out in your size.

@entropic Fingers crossed that this is a good meeting! I'm not sure what your relationship is like with your boss, but I've told my boss that I am a terrible worrier and get bad anxiety about stuff like that, so when ever something like this comes up, I just ask her if this is something I need to be worried about.  At least it eliminates any surprise bad news.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately our company just did a reorganization, so the boss that I was super comfortable approaching is now managing other people and my NEW boss is someone I only just spoke to one-on-one with for the first time yesterday. 

I think I will just not worry about it and hope it's good news :)
  • Options
    I bought these adorable flats last weekend:

And this very cute Kate Spade purse

I pretty much had to have it.  It reminded of Roy Lichtenstein.  My history of art degree basically said, "You must buy this!" 

Oh and I leave for Las Vegas tonight!  Hurry up work, I want my mini vacation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Picture-ific Phriday!:
    Jenny I love your cake topper!  My FI would love it too (or he would if it was Arctic Cat!) @NRT I am a tortie owner too!  But my girl is a dilute tortie.  @jaenella I love your wall of pride.  All of my bibs are just sitting in my desk.  I really should do something fun with them! @Lobsters I really like the second ballet flats.  If it is rainy, you won't have cold feet.  If it is hot you can slip the shoes off very easily.  I also love the rope bow detail. So freaking cute!  Oh and that Lilly Pulitzer dress...I need it!  I think the material sounds like the dress will have a bit of a casual feel to it.  I think it could be dressed up or down as needed.  But since it is only pre-order, I would hold off...just in case the rehearsal dinner turns out to be super fancy or something.  At least you don't have to worry about it selling out in your size. @entropic Fingers crossed that this is a good meeting! I'm not sure what your relationship is like with your boss, but I've told my boss that I am a terrible worrier and get bad anxiety about stuff like that, so when ever something like this comes up, I just ask her if this is something I need to be worried about.  At least it eliminates any surprise bad news.
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

They didn't have a Cat (would've been first choice). They had an FX, but the bride is dragging the groom away from it, and that's SO not me - I wanna ride too!!!

I love the first shoes too ...

Entropic, the dress is awesome! I'll think lots of good thoughts about your meeting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the pics ladies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Picture-ific Phriday! : They didn't have a Cat (would've been first choice). They had an FX, but the bride is dragging the groom away from it, and that's SO not me - I wanna ride too!!! I love the first shoes too ... Entropic, the dress is awesome! I'll think lots of good thoughts about your meeting.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Seriously!  FI's best man tagged FI in a picture of a cake topper where the bride was pulling the groom away from a dirt bike.  I was just like, um I go on every ride with you guys. What the heck?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Picture-ific Phriday! : Seriously!  FI's best man tagged FI in a picture of a cake topper where the bride was pulling the groom away from a dirt bike.  I was just like, um I go on every ride with you guys. What the heck?!
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that's why I didn't get the FX one. The sled was almost identical to mine, but I wouldn't be dragging him away. I even asked if they could switch models and have the couple on the other one, but it wouldn't work.

I'm starting to think that I have a problem ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    C'mon up kwith. Anytime! We're pretty friendly, and us Newfoundlanders are tops of the list. There's a saying where I come from:

There are no strangers, just friends you haven't met yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Perfect timing!  My wedding shoes came in today!  This is my one splurge for myself :)

Sorry, can't seem to rotate the picture. It's not like this on my computer :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards