July 2013 Weddings
Options

Drama and just an awful situation...

uuuggghhh

There has been SO much going on...

One of my FH's friends, who is a bridesmaid, is insane. She has cause SO many problems. She felt "left out" at my shower, so cried and told everyone at her table that she was "just a guest there". She is older (42) and has caused more problems than the rest of my party combined. 
Here's a little background knowledge for you all: I almost broke up with my fiance the first month we began dating because of how weird this woman was with Joel...like creepy "smack my a**" and craving attention from him. BUT, I stuck it out and even remained friends with this woman. She is very insulting...again, toughed it out for my fiance. 

At the shower, my ladies wrote a little something about themselves and shared how we met and special memories. The ONLY mention of me in this particular individual's write up was that she was" so happy Joel met me because I understand their weird relationship"....the rest was all about Joel....at my bridal shower....

this may seem all petty....but this is 5 years of dealing with someone who clearly has a severe jealousy problem....everyone that knew her warned me of her and told me to stay away. Her husband is our best man...so staying away from them hasn't really been an option.

RECENTLY, my mother was at her salon getting her hair done (oh yeah, she's all of our hairdresser too) and she decided to talk badly about me the whole time. She told me mother that since the engagement ring, I've changed....I don't care about her two girls anymore (the jr. bridesmaids in the wedding....that I see and take out all the time...), that I'm pretty much a miserable bit**......through the whole appointment. My mother left there CRYING because of it....she had asked her to stop but she kept going. It was so bad that when my mother got home, my sister saw her and called Joel to inform him what had happened....
(this happened before the shower......I'm so upset that I only found out this past Sunday)

There's more to the story, but to make it short, before I found out about what she did to my mother, she started being super nice to me and eventually asked me to go on a walk with her. I knew something was up because she was like over-the-top nice. She decided to rip everyone in my wedding apart....my sister, my mother, and all of the bridesmaids...and played victim telling me everything that they did to her and how left out they made her and her daughters feel. I actually felt a bit bad for her.....I went to my mother's house and said I felt bad...and that's when my mother began crying telling me what she did to her. My sister then showed me e-mails and texts with the bridal party that showed everyone accommodating and being nice to this particular individual. 

EVERYTHING this woman does is evil and is just deceitful and full of lies. I've had people come up to me and ask me why Joel's ex-girlfriend is in the wedding....how sick is that???

I've been so sick to my stomach about all of this....so has my fiance (Joel). We decided that instead of risk anymore of this, especially on the wedding day, we would ask her to step down from the wedding party (WHICH by the way she told me she almost did a bunch of times because of all the drama that everyone was creating...ugh). Joel went there last night and she pretty much kicked him out of their house. 
She responded by saying "fine, we won't be in the wedding", and Joel informed her that clearly things just keep getting worse, not better, and she's shown that her feelings toward me and my family aren't nice....and that's it's probably better if she's not a part of my bridesmaids (you know, the one's who are supposed to support the bride...). He told them that we'd still love for the best man to still be in the wedding and the jr. bridesmaids, but we understand if that's not possible....

I'm absolutely devastated for Joel and what he had to do. But what this woman did, in my eyes, is unforgivable. To make my mother cry in front of other clients and staff is just sickening....

I know this is a long post and probably confusing....but I had to vent. This has been the week from heck and it's only Wednesday.....and we're 59 days away from the wedding........

Thanks for reading :(

Re: Drama and just an awful situation...

• Options
    I think you did the right thing by not having her in your wedding. I just hope she doesnt cause trouble at your wedding. I think i would have someone watch her incase she does you wont have to see it. The last thing you want is drama on your wedding day. Good luck
  • Options
    dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Yikes, that sounds like a terrible situation, sorry :(.  You definitely did the right thing.  That relationship is toxic to your relationship and you can't let that happen.  Hopefully in the future you FI and the guy can have a one off friendship (without you and the terribel girl being involved), but if not, then you are still better off.  If a relationship is causing more hurt/pain/drama than good, then it is best to just end it.  So sorry you are going through this, but try to just focus on all the good.. you get to marry an awesome guy in 59 days and everyone at the wedding will totally love and support you!
  • Options
    I understand why you did what you did... but personally I wouldn't expect anyone from the family to participate in the wedding at all.

But seriously... what's her deal? Any insight to why she acts like this?
  • Options
    Wow, this is a horrible situation!! I am glad though that you found out these things before your wedding, and not the day of, when it could of been much worse!! Sorry you're having to deal with all of this!
  • Options
    She clearly has issues... Why is she grabbing.your fi's butt and having flirtatious behavior is she's married... To the best man?! That's ridiculous and he causing drama is also insane, she must have nothing better to do/ be insecure/ jralous of you. Don't let her phase you or your big day!
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Sighs. I feel for you - this kind of weird stuff with a crazy woman + your man is taxing enough on a normal day. Adding it into your wedding must be super difficult to handle :(

I am glad she is out of your wedding - can you just nix the whole party from attending altogether? It's your day and you deserve to be happy and surrounded by happy people who love you and support you. You don't need that monkey on your back IMO. The drama will always be there to deal with after your one special day is over.

~Sending good thoughts your way!~
  • Options
    Her and her entire family need to be cut off. Neither I or my fianc would have any contact with her. She is definitely toxic and it's obvious she has been that way from the start. I wouldn't want her around at all. Good job for kicking her out!
  • Options
    Wow, thank you for your overwhelming support! I've been so sick to my stomach over this...it's so reassuring to hear all of your responses. This woman has always been like this...craving attention in any way possible. I'll have to take a picture and share her write up from my shower. I shared it with people at work and they were all appalled. I'll keep you all posted! Thanks again : you girls rock!
  • Options
    I am absolutely in SHOCK.

For one. I am in shock that she was ever asked to be a Bridesmaid in the first place! You are clearly a very kind, compassionate, forgiving person to have asked her! WOW.

For two. This monster of a woman has done nothing but disrespect you and your relationship from Day 1... and somehow you STILL feel bad about her being kicked out? Girl, you are a Saint. 

I can tell you one thing... If someone tried to pull have the crap she pulled with me or within my relationship I would have kicked her butt to the curb looooong ago. I would have used much harsher language and I would have not felt bad about it for a second.

You have a heart of gold! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards