Christian Weddings

Coffee, anyone?

I'm not sure any amount of coffee can shake my case of the tireds this morning. I even went to bed at a reasonable hour! I guess staying up late on Monday night has caught up to me. My days seem to usually be in the "taking forever" camp, but the weeks are "where did it go??". Hard to believe I'm getting married in less than 6 months! Eep!

(stealing this idea from my month board) What exciting (or not so exciting) things do you have planned for the upcoming days, weeks, or months? Any summer vacations?

Re: Coffee, anyone?

• I know exactly how you feel Ipilion.  I'm exhausted and dragging and my day just got started!  Good luck!  You can make it through.  And yay for the 6 months mark!  
    Days: On Friday and Saturday I am working at a Morphology conference run by my professor at the school and I get to attend the lectures.  I'm really excited about that.  I hope to meet some professors who I might work with in grad school, plus just getting to know people in Linguistics in general.  
    Weeks: My friends from Taiwan are coming in a couple of weeks and we are going to take them to Lake Tahoe, so that should be a blast!  I love Tahoe.  
    Month: My one year anniversary is during labor day weekend!  H and I are going to have a little 3 day weekend trip and go wine tasting and hopefully get some spa treatment as well :)  I'm excited! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• What exciting (or not so exciting) things do you have planned for the upcoming days, weeks, or months? Any summer vacations?

days: I'm doing a fast today, first one I've done, usually when I fast I choose things like tv, or  computer, but I felt God telling me I need to fast food today. I'm a little nervous about it, as I can get very grumpy without eating, but God is bigger than my moods! So it's exciting and not exciting at the same time. Also my grandpa is coming for a visit in a few days, so I'm very excited to see him, he lives out of province and I only get to see him twice a year.

weeks: I'm going dress shopping in a week and a half, so I'm very excited about that! And then my birthday is a few days after that, and then it's mine and my FI dating anniversary another few days after that :)

months/summer vacation: In August it is my Grandpa's 90th birthday, so we will drive to Alberta to visit and celebrate with him. and on the way home we will stop and visit a friend from High School who now lives in the interior of BC :) And just over 6 months until it's my wedding day :) I can't believe how fast it's come :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• weeks: summer break will be here for the kids meaning I finally get some time off from work. I am hoping to hear some good news about a new job position at my end of school review. prayers please!

month: DH and I are taking a mini vacation to Cincinnati for our 1 year anniversary.

months: going to disney world with my parents to help baby-sit and run around the parks with my nieces.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Days: Going to my hometown to spend Mother's Day weekend with my family and meet my cousin's boyfriend (she told me he's saving for a ring!!!).

Weeks: Going to DH's old high school for their play.  His mom has directed them for the past 20 years and she's stepping down from that role after this year.

Months: Family beach vacation  (my parents, siblings, SIL, niece, aunt, and cousin) to Kiawah Island, SC the first week of June.  It'll be Ezra's first time at the beach!
    Starting a Birth Doula training program soon, hopefully!!
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Days: huge test on Friday. Maybe Busch Gardens on Saturday if the weather cooperates. Sunday we're doing a mother's day dinner with both families. Then on Monday I start my surgery rotation.

Weeks: surgery rotation is over in 8 weeks. Then I'll be officially done with third year of med school! No fun plans though.

Months: wedding is less than six months away! The next few months will bring sending out invites, getting my dress altered, maybe a wedding shower or bachelorette. I also have a huge test to take in August, as part of medicine licensure and med school graduation requirements.

No long vacations planned. No money for them, as everything is going towards the wedding. Maybe a few more day trips to BG, as we have season passes.
    Anniversary
  • @fpaemp2011, I think you would make a great doula! good luck with the training
  • Ravenray, what is morphology?

Ash, I am jealous of your upcoming trip to Disney World!

Days: BIL's college graduation is this weekend.  The actual ceremony isn't until Sunday, but we're heading up on Friday to spend time with DH's family and friends.

Weeks: Our second wedding anniversary is June 4.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do.  Suggestions welcome!  I'd like to do something with the traditional cotton.  Hopefully I'll finish my cross-stitching project (our names, wedding date under a church...), but I'd like something else too, especially since he knows about the cross-stitching.

Months: Going to a friend's wedding at the end of June.

Vacation: Myrtle Beach for the first week of July!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @ochemjenn, I did this for FH for our 2 year dating anniversary, and he loved it. I bought a pillow form at JoAnns and then stenciled a few lines of one of "our" songs onto the plain fabric. I'm planning on doing it to another pillow once we finally pick our first dance song!
  • @ochemjenn, I am really excited! I know a lot of fun memories will be made with my nieces
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    @ochemjenn It's a part of Linguistics.  Morphology is basically the study of words.  A morph is the smallest part of a word, so Morphology studies how morphs combined with other morphs and other nerdy things like that :)  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards