Getting in Shape
Options

NSV/AW

I just had a MUCH needed NSV.  FI and I went out for an evening walk, and a neighbor (who I'd never met before) was out walking his dog and crossed the street to flag me down to say the following:
"I've got to hand it to you.  I saw you out running last spring and thought 'That looks painful.  I give it a week.  Sorry'  But then it was 2 weeks.  Then a month.  Then 2 months.  And now, well, I don't know what you were before, but now you're a runner.  Your gait and stride are so much better, that horrible heel striking is gone."

So we talked for a bit about my half coming up and he gave me some advice and encouragement (he's clearly a runner himself).  I know it might not sound like much, but since I've been sort of wallowing in the scale numbers going up, it has COMPLETELY changed my mindset and I feel so proud and accomplished!

I rushed home to AW, but also to remind everyone out there that even when you feel like you're going backwards, as long as you keep trying people notice and you ARE making progress!  Cool

Re: NSV/AW

• Options
    Aw, I LOVE this NSV! You should be so proud!

I can only imagine that is what people are going to think when they see me running outside lol.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, it was a great pick-me-up!! 

entropic - This is one thing I really love about running.  No one ever "boo"s or ridicules.  You go to a race and you see people of all ages, sizes, body types, etc., and the crowd and other runners are generally just thrilled for everybody.  It's a really supportive community in general.  So I'm sure when you get out there and are running people will be just as happy for you!
  • Options
    Congrats!

(what's an NSV?)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Wow, that is absolutely fabulous! Way to go :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:NSV/AW:
    [QUOTE]Non scale victory
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers