October 2013 Weddings

Menu cards

Show me your menu cards (or are you not doing them.) I don't plan on it, but I'm curious to see options and others' ideas. Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Menu cards

• Not sure yet if we are doing them.  I know I want a thank you note on the tables, and we need to make reference to one of our favors, so we may do a menu card and fold them in to the napkins.
  • We aren't doing menu cards. We are having the standard family style chicken dinner with the except to vegetarians and gluten free guests.

• Not doing them here, either. I imagine each food station will have little cards with each food item.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We are catering by food truck, so each truck will have their menu listed for all to see!

• snippet17 said:
    We getting "free" ones from our venue.  Not sure what the look like, but not to concerned since the venue provides them.  If the venue did not provide them then we would not be providing them.
    I need to check if our venue provides them. We have 4 courses, with an option for the main course between 3 things, so it might be nice to see it listed out. Basically, I need to check the contract. If the venue provides it, I'm not going to worry about it. Even if they don't, I still might not worry about it.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We are not having menu cards, I don't think... I'm with snippet, I think the idea is neat but I've never seen it personally.
  • edited May 2013
    Ours is a buffet reception, so I not going to do menus. Still trying to figure out place cards, though. To DIY, or not to DIY?
    I hope to DIY mine - so go for it. I've been looking up cards on etsy and hope to find some neat idea between now and the wedding.

(edited cause I had a silly typo)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• One thing I'm considering doing for place cards is doing a "thank you for celebrating with us, your love and support mean so much to us on this special day" kind of card with their name on the top - the "thank you" bit tucked into the napkin or folded inside the card so they don't see it at first. 

We will personalize the message according to the person, especially for those who have helped us out with the wedding. Not sure if we are setting ourselves up for hand cramps trying to write 130 of those beforehand though (or if we will exhaust ourselves writing thank you place cards before the thank you notes).
  • Not sure yet if we are doing them.  I know I want a thank you note on the tables, and we need to make reference to one of our favors, so we may do a menu card and fold them in to the napkins.
    I planned to do something very similar.  I don't think a menu is necessary since we are having a buffet with some very easily identifiable things.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I am not doing the menu card. I was thinking of doing a thank you note but putting it over by the card box instead of on the table.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I'm considering a "mini-book" that has pages for the menu, a page of fun facts about the bride & groom (so his extended family gets to know me a little more and my family gets to know him more), a page about our popcorn bar, and a page at the end with a thank you.
  • I'm considering a "mini-book" that has pages for the menu, a page of fun facts about the bride & groom (so his extended family gets to know me a little more and my family gets to know him more), a page about our popcorn bar, and a page at the end with a thank you.
    You're dedicated. Great ideas. Just sounds like a lot of work!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

You're dedicated. Great ideas. Just sounds like a lot of work!
    It's not too bad, they are being printed as gate folded brochures and the print company will take care of the scoring and folding. In the end it works out to be about $.60 a piece.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards