July 2013 Weddings

Programs and other things

Has anyone began thinking about their programs? I have known I wanted to do program fans but when it came down to really looking, I wasn't crazy about a lot of them. I stumbled upon these on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/127020282/starfish-petal-fan-wedding-program?ref=shop_home_active
I already chatted with the seller about changing the font to make it more flowy and also the font color to match our wedding colors. FH and I really like these and I think it's what we're going to do! What do you ladies think?

What about rehearsal dinner invitations?? I totally dropped the ball here. My FH parent's are divorced and don't get along, so they are not hosting the rehearsal dinner (like some weddings do). Instead, they have contributed and helped out in other places, which I am more that happy about! I just completely forgot about the invites! GAH! One more thing to add to my rush list of things to do! 

Also, this might be TMI, but with all this stupid stress of this pain in the butt ex-bridesmaid, my menstrual cycle is ALL f'ed up. I had tracked it to July and it was perfectly timed (somehow!) to where I'd be "friend" free for the wedding and honeymoon. Now it's looking like it will be attending the wedding and I'm so not happy about it..........I'm finding it ironic that this a*hole of a woman and the situation she made is causing this to happen......grrrrrrrr

Anyways, for all you moms out there, hope you had a wonderful mother's day! That includes my fellow furbaby moms!!! :)

Re: Programs and other things

• We are not doing programs.  But those from Etsy are super cute!
    I haven't thought about invites for the rehearsal dinner yet.  You still have some time to get those out.  Good luck!    

• The programs from Etsy are cute! We also are not doing programs... we had put some thought into it and they were going to be more of a hassle than anything, so no programs for us.

We're hosting a "welcome dinner" the night before the wedding at the ranch and just included enclosure cards with the invitations. I've heard of some people just doing it by word of mouth or an emailed invitation (if you don't want to order more stationary).

Period problems? That sucks. Are you on the pill? I sometimes skip my period by skipping the sugar pills... maybe ask your doctor if that's something that will work for you?
  • We arent doing programs.. I didnt know what I would want to write in them.. they are super cute though!! as far as rehearsal dinner, I dont want to do one really.. I think its wasting extra money (Our wedding is already costing more than I feel comfortable them spending).. but Im not sure if theyre doing invites or not?

As for the period issues, you have another month for it to get back on track! But I would definitely ask the doc how to make it start back! Goodluck!
  • we aren't doing programs either, but if I was having an outdoor wedding I'd definitely want to do the fan programs. i love that idea!!!
  • I designed our RD invites, Programs, Menus and Instagram cards all by myself in MS Publisher. They're pretty basic (5.5"x 8.5" for menus, 5.5"x5.5" square folded programs) but they match the simple elegance "theme" I have been going for and I'm very proud of them. 
  • I designed programs a while back. They're super simple, they just list out everyone involved in the ceremony, not sure if I'll end up printing them or not. I thought about fan programs too but decided to just get regular fans so I wouldn't have to assemble them lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, you girls are good! Props for designing your own programs, etc! 

As far as my lil period problem, I got it yesterday....and I knew it was stress-related. It's happened before and my dr told me that it's typical for stress to effect the cycle. I'm suuuuuuuper crampy though.....
  • I am doing fan programs also, but I'm doing the ones on a stick. I'm making them myself, and that will be so much easier.

For the rehearsal dinner, I think you could get away with an e-vite if you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards