African American Weddings

WEDDING PARTIES (BM'S) ARE A TRIP....

So since everything is starting to come together with the wedding plans and we decided to have the bridal party ive been talking to my friends and letting them know what kind of dress style i want them to wear. I only have for BM's and i was telling them i really want them to wear the convertible dresses, that way everyone can have their own style and not be soo uniformed. So my (1st) MatronOH was like oh that will be nice, since she lives in Tampa when she comes down we can go to a store that sells a similar dress and she can try it on just to make sure it doesnt show to much tummy or whatever, im like cool. My (2nd) MatronOH is like she has to try it on because shes not sure how its gonna look but she doesnt know when she will be able to try on any dresses because her mom is sick and although i understand that i just want to finalize this dress decision. My MOH is saying since shes slim she wants to make sure it looks nice on everybody and last but not least my BM isnt even responding LOL.....  So here after ive made an appt to go try on dresses Saturday no one is available... like i told my MOH this is the making of a BRIDEZILLA IJS AM I WRONG????

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: WEDDING PARTIES (BM'S) ARE A TRIP....

• No you aren't...Only us brides can sympathize! I would make an ultimate cut off for the trying on of the dress & if they haven't by then, those women that have get the say so...no bridezilla moment, just a CHECK!
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @misstira you are not a bridezilla.. I wanted those dresses but of course the MOH.. made a slight fuss.. and I changed it.. but I saw when I got my dress it didnt flow ..but i dont think you are in the wrong at all

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • U are absolutely NOT wrong! I'm sure thissituation is annoying. I'm annoyed w/ them & they arent my BP lol. I agree with @coclux5585 let them know that in order for you to be able to properly plan you have set blah blah blah as the final date to order dresses. Although they may see it as an easy task they may encounter issues with color, fitting/size, or simply finding a dress that they like for their body type.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Smh. I would expect more out of the matrons. They have been through this before. You have a little time left so hopefully it works out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I spoke with one my of MatronOH and told her the situation (since she out of town shes a bit more understanding) and she was like dont get aggravated and just tell them to order the convertible dress and call it a day...after all its all about what the bride wants and the hell with the rest... I sooo agreed with her..

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Yes I've been there tryibg to get BMs to try on dresses and pay it only gets worst before it gets better be ready for the ride of the BMs lol I hope they come thru for you !
  • MrsBad13 girl im like so over it already and whats sad is i told them im not picky about shoes or hair just get the convertible dresses and you can style the top how you want it and move on and again which is why i only got 4 girls LOL le sigh 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• You are not being a bridezilla at all. I don't know what is up with these BMs because I am on the verge of telling one of my maids a little piece of my mind because she is starting to irk the heck out of me. 
  • misstira said:

MrsBad13 girl im like so over it already and whats sad is i told them im not picky about shoes or hair just get the convertible dresses and you can style the top how you want it and move on and again which is why i only got 4 girls LOL le sigh 

I had only 4 girls. I now have 2. I'm telling you.. I did the same thing. Yall pick any dress long its in the color and material I choose. I picked colors for each girl that I knew would compliment their skin tone. And the 2 went M I A on me with no indication they didn't want be in the wedding. Just be mentally ready for the headache lol

• MrsBad13 smh idk what to say about these women....ill give them a text tomorrow letting them know that we dont have to go anywhere on Saturday but the 1st weekend of June if they plan on being in the wedding we are holding a meeting with ERR'BODY and if they arent there they wont be in it.....THE END

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I feel your pain. Im going through the same thing now. Asked to them to buy it by a certain date and the date has come and gone. It does not seem important to them, but I would be wrong to cut them and then what about the groomsmen that purchased their suits. A lopsided wedding party was not in the plan!! But just breathe it will get better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards