Arizona-Phoenix

Where did you get your man's wedding band? What metal did he choose?

FI and I went wedding band shopping this weekend. He found one that he really liked at the same place that he got my ring, but I was shocked at the price. It was over a thousand dollars! I want him to have exactly what he wants and I absolutely will buy it if he doesn't like any alternatives, but I've been scouring the internet for a less expensive ring in the same style.

The style he picked out is a white gold band with a rose gold inlay. I found a similar band for a fraction of the cost on Etsy. The only difference is that it is a Titanium band with a rose gold inlay. The cost aside, I'm almost wondering if Titanium would be better because it is stronger.

So, I was wondering if you ladies have any recommendations of where to purchase wedding rings and what metal you think is best for a man's wedding band.

Thanks!

Re: Where did you get your man's wedding band? What metal did he choose?

• We got FI's ring at Zales, which is where he bought my e-ring and where we got my wedding band as well.

His is Tungsten, so no, it can't be sized, but it was only about $200-$250 (I don't remember the exact amount). It's the darker metal, because he doesn't like to wear gold or silver stuff. He wanted something a little darker than regular silver.

They have a decent selection there though and are very helpful.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • I got FI's ring at ShaneCo, which is where my ring came from.  It's cobalt and was about $300

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_did-mans-wedding-band-metal-did-choose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:d5d2893b-a858-4afd-b3bd-03adfadf153cPost:bb6fde0b-c9a1-481d-9f9a-9fe93c8dabb8">Re: Where did you get your man's wedding band? What metal did he choose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't remember how much my husbands ring cost...  but it's white gold, and has a few small diamonds in it.   We got it at Jared (which is where my rings came from).<strong> The only issue I could see with titanium, is that you have to keep in mind that it can't be resized easily at all. </strong> For something that is for sure going to be worn for years and who knows how many changes, it's something to consider I think. As long as you go into it knowing all you can about the metal, I don't think it really matters what you get if it fits everything you want.  There's a lot of options!  Just look around a lot, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something that fits what both of you want.  =)
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a good point, though FIs ring came with a lifetime warranty that if he for any reason needs a new size, they will send him a new one.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Believe it or not, you can find tons of tungsten and titanium rings on Amazon for under $100. My FI is being super, super picky about his ring but has seen a few he likes on there.
  • My FI saw saw a ring he liked when we went to Jerome one Saturday. It's titanium and silver. I ended up purchasing it cheaper online from Titan Factory.  I paid about $130 on sale.
    50927-01 TitanFactory Ring
  • I would definitely talk to FI about what metal he wants. Although we loved the look of the cheaper titanium and tungsten, it was important to my FI that it be resizeable -not for the convenience, but because of sentimentality and because it will be a sacramental for him. We went with white gold, and got a beautiful piece at Kay's for $500, which isn't bad for gold these days. For us it was worth the extra money, but it might not make sense for other couples. Also consider how hard your husband will be on it. Gold will take more effort to keep looking good, and you probably want to buy it at a large jeweler where you can get a lifetime care package, not online. Valentines season might be a good time to buy, btw. Lots of sales. Good luck!
  • shaneco. he was set on a specific ring. with tax it came to roughly $1,000. i looked at their website, and i can't even remember which one it is; how sad is that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Overstock.com. Tungsten Carbide (my hubby wanted a "matte black" ring). It was only $35!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards