Jewish Weddings

Officiant for a Jewish Wedding in Chicago

Any suggestions on a good Rabbi for a reformed wedding in Chicago -May 2011? I don't want to join a temple to get a Rabbi. Thanks!!

Re: Officiant for a Jewish Wedding in Chicago

• edited December 2011
    You can try googling for one. There will be a fee. Sometimes it is as much as membership to a temple. Good Luck.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved our rabbi, Andrea London, of Temple Beth Emet in Evanston.   I'm not sure if she officiates for non members, as we belonged there when we were in Chicago.  If she can't do it, perhaps she can suggest someonel. GL.
    http://www.bethemet.org/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I use to work at temple sholom and rabbi taron tachman is great
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Having the same problem! Have you spoken with Rabbi Tillman? he is willing to work with interfaith couples and seems willing to create a very personalized ceremony. We're considering using him.
  • mroseweddingsmroseweddings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Jewish Wedding Celebrant, specializing in interfaith and non-denominational weddings. I create and officiate at personalized ceremonies designed to honor, acknowledge, and respect any desired customs, traditions, and rituals.
    You can visit my website at www.RoseWeddingCeremonies.com email me at MRoseWeddings@gmail.com or call me at 847-215-7715.

Blessings,
    Michele Rose
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_officiant-jewish-wedding-chicago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:9cdd74a0-cf2e-4b7c-ba4c-89249fc17fa3Post:a4d397db-d552-49a5-ba44-13abcea1d70f">Officiant for a Jewish Wedding in Chicago</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions on a good Rabbi for a reformed wedding in Chicago -May 2011? I don't want to join a temple to get a Rabbi. Thanks!!
    Posted by happyday522[/QUOTE]

Make sure you google Reform not reformed... or you won't get the answers you want.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Officiant for a Jewish Wedding in Chicago:
    [QUOTE]You can try googling for one. There will be a fee. Sometimes it is as much as membership to a temple. Good Luck.
    Posted by Frozenpenguin[/QUOTE]

Try Rabbi J. Hillel www.chicagorabbi.blogspot,.com 857 331 3584
    Hello Rabbi ,

I wanted to thank you for doing such a great job this weekend at Dan and My wedding. We really enjoyed your service during the ketubah signing and during the huppa. We both really enjoyed listening to your stories and thank you for making it so personal for us. So many people came up to us during the wedding and said how enjoyable and personal you made the huppa. Thank you again for helping us during our engagement and for taking the time to teach us about the meaning of the traditions and giving us material to help us make our marriage strong. I hope we will stay in touch. 
    Thank you again!
    Sincerely,
  • try Rabbi J. Hillel, www.chicagorabbi.blogspot.com terrific
    847 331 3584

Hello Rabbi ,

I wanted to thank you for doing such a great job this weekend at Dan and My wedding. We really enjoyed your service during the ketubah signing and during the huppa. We both really enjoyed listening to your stories and thank you for making it so personal for us. So many people came up to us during the wedding and said how enjoyable and personal you made the huppa. Thank you again for helping us during our engagement and for taking the time to teach us about the meaning of the traditions and giving us material to help us make our marriage strong. I hope we will stay in touch. 
    Thank you again!
    Sincerely,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards