North Carolina-Outer Banks

Anyone ever heard of "Artistic Elegance"?

I booked my hair and makeup appointment for my wedding at the expo with Diva's... and yesterday I got a call that they went out of business. Not what I want to hear when I have four weeks to go. 

Not worry though, because apparently my appointment has been moved to a place called Artistic Elegance, and they're going to honor my $50 deposit, blah blah blah.

I found their website, and they charge a hell of a lot more than what Diva's quoted me. And just in general, I've never heard of this place. Anyone have experience with them?

Re: Anyone ever heard of "Artistic Elegance"?

• I've never heard of them, couldn't find a website either? Surprised to hear Divas is closing, their website is still active. I would probably try to find some place else, are you having a consult or anything like that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_anyone-ever-heard-of-artistic-elegance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:f1116c8b-2fc5-421e-bb9c-8d23d59c6291Post:ea02a1dc-b88a-45f8-b3e2-aa0e757b29dc">Re: Anyone ever heard of "Artistic Elegance"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard of them, couldn't find a website either? Surprised to hear Divas is closing, their website is still active. I would probably try to find some place else, are you having a consult or anything like that?
    Posted by ksj10032782[/QUOTE]

<div>Well here's the thing. Apparently they haven't set up a website "yet", which is worrying. The owner is supposed to call me today but if she doens't, I'm going to start looking somewhere else and just give up that $50 deposit or call BBB to get that money credited back to my account. NOT the stress I need with less than four weeks to go.</div>
  • I definitely think that the deposit money should get sent back to you  Have you requested it yet?  The deposit is meant to protect that business from the client cancelling, not the other way around.  It doesn't seem fair at all that they can just hand over their clients to someone else, someone that you didn't sign a contract with.  I would definitely ask for your deposit back and look elsewhere.  I know Bombshells usually books up quickly, but I used them and would highly recommend them.  Hairoics definitely helped me out a ton during my wedding week too (they fixed some bad highlights).  You might be able to book with them since they have more staff.  Good luck though - like anyone needs extra stress a month out!
    image June 22, 2012
  • What ended up happening? Not sure where you are getting married, but I had my hair and make up done at the Sanderling, and it was fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Vendors should not be posting on here.
    image June 22, 2012
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I went with Hairoics :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards