Arizona-Tucson

Best priced Hotels in Tucson AZ for blocking rooms

I am looking for some suggestions on:

a.) Where the best price/deals for blocked rooms are in Tucson (5 miles around U of A) or west side.
b.) how to block rooms\
c.) how to figure out how many rooms to block
 d.) is there wiggle room
e.) when to do it. Will i get a better deal if I do it within a certain amount of months from wedding

I ask all these questions because my parents stayed at a nice Holiday Inn in Tucson (grant and I-10) for 129 a night a year from the wedding date and they liked it. I called to see what type of deal they could give was and they only said 109.

Thanks,

Re: Best priced Hotels in Tucson AZ for blocking rooms

• amandakroyamandakroy member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I am looking for some suggestions on:

a.) Where the best price/deals for blocked rooms are in Tucson (5 miles around U of A) or west side.
    b.) how to block rooms\
    c.) how to figure out how many rooms to block
     d.) is there wiggle room
    e.) when to do it. Will i get a better deal if I do it within a certain amount of months from wedding

I ask all these questions because my parents stayed at a nice Holiday Inn in Tucson (grant and I-10) for 129 a night a year from the wedding date and they liked it. I called to see what type of deal they could give was and they only said 109.

Thanks,
  • edited May 2013
    So I can't advise which  places near U of A, since I got married in Oro Valley, maybe help with some of the other stuff...

B., D. If you call the hotel, they can block the rooms for you. Different hotels have different policies on how many they can block, how long before the wedding people must reserve and so on, so just call and talk to the manager of the hotel.

C. You need to look at your guest list. First look at the people who are coming from out of town. Try to determine who for sure will be coming. Then look at your guests in town. Honestly, there probably won't be that many people who live close to the venue that will want to get a hotel room. If people are further away, but still in town, they may or may not stay. I had a lot of people who came from Phoenix who drove back the night of my wedding rather than stay at a hotel. Based on that number, you can block a little more depending on the hotel's policy.

E. I would get a block of rooms set up at least 6 months prior to the wedding. This may be a bit different depending on the time of year you are getting married and what may be going on in Tucson at that time. For instance, at the time of my wedding, the gem show was ending, there was a triathalon camp going on, and a golf tournament. So a lot of the hotels were already getting booked up way in advanced. If there isn't anything going on in town at the time of your wedding you could probably wait until closer to your wedding. The price will be depended on what is going on as well. Like, for my wedding the rates were already higher with everything going on, so although I got a discount, it wasn't a very large one. 

The discounted rate that the holiday inn gave you seems about right when I researched about 6 hotels in Oro Valley. 

Hope some of this was helpful! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards