Chit Chat
Options

Would you still get married??????

I am a lesbian woman and I just got engaged to my female partner in February. My mother does not approve and is really not looking like she is going to ever come around. We plan on getting married the summer of 2015 but I am sure my mother will not be there to support us.

Would you still get married if your mother did not support and was not planning on being there on your special day?
CryThis hurts so much and is driving me crazy
So my partner and I got engaged on my birthday February 9th, 2013 and I was super surprised and sssssssssoooooo excited. I want to plan my wedding for either next year 2014 or 2015. I am so lost and don't know where to start. My partner and I are same-sex and want a special day designed to perfection....... I started a wedding book with all my wants and ideas. I have a theme and even colors. I want to be traditional yet modern and fun... Any ideas or thoughts, I will appreciate it very much....

Re: Would you still get married??????

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I am so sorry your mother is not being supportive :( I would still marry the one I loved regardless of familial support. You don't have to close any doors unless she is being abusive about your choices, but just know that she may need some time and distance to learn what really matters to her. Hopefully she will come around. In the meantime, congrats on your engagement from a fellow Knottie!
  • Options
    Yes, plan your wedding as you wish.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Yes, I  would still get married for sure.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards