Getting in Shape
Options

Mothers Day 5K

This year for Mothers Day I did a 5k with my mom and my niece.  My mom was over the moon that three generations were running, she is sentimental like that.  My niece was beyond thrilled because it was her first race.  She is 6 years old and seems me and my mom running all the time, so she wanted to do it too.

It was like a long interval workout for me because 6 year olds sprint, walk, sprint, walk, sprint, walk.  She was hysterical but had such a great time.  I'm proud that she did it and finished it.

I spoke to her yesterday and apparently she told the teacher's aide in her classroom that her legs needed a nap, because she ran so far on SaturdaySmile

Re: Mothers Day 5K

• Options
    Aww that's so sweet. FI and I were invited by FBIL to do a Mother's Day 5k in their city, but we decided not to because we need to do a little training first! FBIL's GF and her little boy ran too - she put an adorable picture of them running up on FB. It's the cutest thing.

Sounds like an awesome Mother's Day.
  • Options
    That is so awesome. I can't wait for the day my neices can run races with me. They are a little young right now (5 and 4) so they ride their bikes alongside me while I run!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards