North Carolina-Outer Banks

Ortegaz- what goes with bbq

Ortegaz is catering my reception at 108 Budleigh. Originally, we were going to have NC barbeque and a taco bar, all buffet style.  We did a tasting and the tacos were very blah (fish tacos, I should mention). Lisa suggested we do a fajita station instead, but I'm thinking just one station (where a chef is there and cooks it for each person) and then bbq would get a little bit crowded/not buffet-like.

Did anybody else serve anything in addition to bbq? Ortegaz or otherwise. I definitely want to stay buffet style and casual.. we're having about 100 people and I don't want people waiting in a super long line for fajitas.

Re: Ortegaz- what goes with bbq

• We did BBQ, and chicken. All served buffet style. I like the fajita idea, gives people who aren't a fan of BBQ another option.
  • We did BBQ and that was our only entree choice. Served it with rolls and cole slaw. We had mixed veg, salad, and mashed potatoes as sides. We also had several apps, so I think we had a pretty good variety of foods for people, despite not having choices for entrees.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards