Kentucky

UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue

We'll most likely be having our ceremony at the Arboretum but still need an outdoor reception venue.  My wedding is going to be a semi-informal picnic style event. I'd like to be fairly close to the arborteum; his family is from out of town and not familiar with Lexington.

We looked at Jacobson; it's pretty but it is a public location so they don't allow alcohol and it's really open.

Any suggestions?

Re: UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue

• In Response to UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue:
    We'll most likely be having our ceremony at the Arboretum but still need an outdoor reception venue.  My wedding is going to be a semi-informal picnic style event. I'd like to be fairly close to the arborteum; his family is from out of town and not familiar with Lexington. We looked at Jacobson; it's pretty but it is a public location so they don't allow alcohol and it's really open. Any suggestions?
    Posted by rachellv
    Do all Lexington parks don't allow alcohol? There are several nice public parks nearby (Ecton, Landsdowne) that you could rent a tent, dining chairs, tables, etc...and hire a catering company. Otherwise, I think Fasig Tipton and Kentucky Horse Park offer outdoor spaces. Other reception (indoor) places to consider, the Red Mile, Equestrian Country Club, The Thoroughbred Center. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are still looking -
    The Ashley Inn - beautiful covered patio, adjacent to horse paddocks - incredible view
    Any of the Vineyards,
    The Bell House

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards