Kentucky
Options

UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue

We'll most likely be having our ceremony at the Arboretum but still need an outdoor reception venue.  My wedding is going to be a semi-informal picnic style event. I'd like to be fairly close to the arborteum; his family is from out of town and not familiar with Lexington.

We looked at Jacobson; it's pretty but it is a public location so they don't allow alcohol and it's really open.

Any suggestions?

Re: UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_uk-arboretum-wedding-still-need-a-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:86Discussion:178dd364-9d4e-4bd5-8793-5396521b55d9Post:6c9c929e-53ac-4c84-8997-086c99676616">UK Arboretum wedding - still need a reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll most likely be having our ceremony at the Arboretum but still need an outdoor reception venue.  My wedding is going to be a semi-informal picnic style event. I'd like to be fairly close to the arborteum; his family is from out of town and not familiar with Lexington. We looked at Jacobson; it's pretty but it is a public location so they don't allow alcohol and it's really open. Any suggestions?
    Posted by rachellv[/QUOTE]

<div>Do all Lexington parks don't allow alcohol? There are several nice public parks nearby (Ecton, Landsdowne) that you could rent a tent, dining chairs, tables, etc...and hire a catering company. Otherwise, I think Fasig Tipton and Kentucky Horse Park offer outdoor spaces. Other reception (indoor) places to consider, the Red Mile, Equestrian Country Club, The Thoroughbred Center. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are still looking -
    The Ashley Inn - beautiful covered patio, adjacent to horse paddocks - incredible view
    Any of the Vineyards,
    The Bell House

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards