Offbeat Weddings

Makeup and Hair costs

Hey everyone! I know this is international but I was wondering how much your hair and makeup was/is for your big day. I have had several quotes ranging from 65 each to 225 for everything. These artists will be travelling to my hotel room. Doesn't include tax or gratuities for the most part.

The issue isn't for me personally but for my bridesmaids. I'm not requiring hair or makeup to be done but I know at least half of them would like it done...I don't want my girls to feel uncomfortable with the prices if they are more than the norm. Help!

Re: Makeup and Hair costs

• I didn't do professional makeup, did it myself. My hair was $65, I believe my one BM that got hers done at the same salon got hers for $50.
  • For my hair and make up i paid $289. However, that was just for the trial. not sure if its going to be the same price the day of the wedding. THey charge more for updo's, and for make up i got all the extras (air brush, eye lashes, etc).

For my bridesmaids- since they are all wearing their hair down I can't see how they will  be spending more than $200? and even thats alot. I am worried bc it is a lot of money for them to shell out in one day.
  • Thanks guys. Yeah $289 is pretty steep! But if you love it and can afford it, go for it!
  • Mine is $65 for hair (up do), $45 for make-up (normal - no airbrush) on the day of. I'll probably get eyelashes which are $15 extra. Most of the places I looked at charged less for bridesmaids. If your artists are traveling anyway, you might be able to ask for a cheaper per person price for the more clients (i.e. your bridesmaids, mom, etc.) you give them. Could be worth asking if your bridesmaids aren't looking to spend a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards