Texas-Austin

A green lawn with a tree for under $1000-1500?

Does such a thing exist in Austin? I would be extremely happy with a simple place you can string lights/plug some speaker in under some trees outside and take care of the entire rest of the set up myself without any pavilions or fake scenic set ups. But for the life of me, I can't find a venue like this in Austin for all my online searching!

I don't care to have a huge house to retire to because the wedding I'm envisioning is almost entirely outdoors, an indoor area being a bonus or a structure used just for set up and dressing alone without any bells and whistles.

Mercury Hall is my dream venue (and the only one affordable enough that includes a nice indoor area) yet while it's one of the cheapest options I've found in Austin, it's still what I consider to be a fat stack of money for a 4 hour event and I'm unsure I'd be able to secure an off-day/weekday holiday date that would make it so affordable.

I have looked into parks around Austin a bit, but the facilities they offer for rental seem to be fenced in such that there's not a real lawn to speak of and the wedding must take place on some concrete platform in the "back yard" of the house. I just want a green stretch of grass and a tree or two. Is there anywhere else to turn?

Re: A green lawn with a tree for under $1000-1500?

• Have you looked into the Wildflower Barn? 

This seems to be exactly what you are describing. It looks very pretty but we needed indoor space for our reception. Hope this helps! 
  • nr2510nr2510 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013

A friend had her wedding at Northwest Park. If you drive around to the back there is a pond and she had it on the other side of the pond. There is a huge huge huge huge lawn there.

• The Caswell House allows outdoor weddings on their front yard which has several large oak trees.  Their Friday & Sunday rates fall within your budget.  (Their Monday - Thursday rates are even cheaper -- $950.)
  • We just opened our affordable venue, The Hopkins House. $1300 for Saturday 2013 weddings and so many trees, lawn, patio area. Please check it out: www.hopkinshouseweddings.com. Conveniently located between Austin and San Antonio. We are new and are offering a great discount!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards