July 2013 Weddings
Options

Processional, Recessional, First Dance songs. GO!

So I have been thinking about this for a very long time. We want something fun, and nontraditional. So we are going to use music we love.
So far I am thinking the following. What about you guys?

Processional:
Either the string versions of Bittersweet Symphany by the Verve or Amber by 311 or Piano version of Good Riddance (Time of your Life) by Green Day for the bridal party
String Version of Starlight by Muse for me

Recessional: Either Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional, or You and Me by the Wannadies

First Dance: The Luckiest by Ben Folds

Re: Processional, Recessional, First Dance songs. GO!

• Options
    bridal party procession: pitseleh by elliott smith, my procession: i will follow you into the dark by death cab for cutie, recession: blister in the sun by violent femmes.  first dance: in the aeroplane over the sea by neutral milk hotel.
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Yikes - I had no idea I needed songs for all this stuff LOL. I figured our DJ would just know what the traditional stuff is you play?

We have a first dance song, but what else do I need?

• Options
    drg424 said:

Yikes - I had no idea I needed songs for all this stuff LOL. I figured our DJ would just know what the traditional stuff is you play?

We have a first dance song, but what else do I need?

You can just do the traditional music for the ceremony but if you want something different you'll need to let your ceremony musician or whoever know. We are just very untraditional and are huge music nerds so we were very particular about that aspect.
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member

Thanks @avolker1 - that makes sense and makes me feel better. FI is a high school teacher so he's more on the Carlie Rae Jepsen side of the house, unfortunately... :)

I have these random moments of panic as we get closer to the end where I'm like "how did I not think of that!!??"

Glad I can just go with the out-of-the-box solution here.

• Options
    I love I will follow you into the dark. I wanted to use it somewhere too... I think we mght just add it to the dinner music list.
  • Options
    @drg424 totally! I know for me too there's been things that I think of out of nowhere and I'm like uh oh another thing to worry about. So definitely with you on that.

@undertheeiffel I'm glad someone else is considering that song because I know it is a little bit dark but I just love it. I really couldn't think of a more perfect song for my procession. Starlight is a great song too, and great lyrics too!
  • Options
    Processional:
    Bridal Party: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
    Bride: Canon in D

Recessional:
    Spring

First Dance:
    Can't Help Falling in Love - Michael Buble

and for fun, our grand entrance into the reception is Bring 'Em Out by T.I.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Processional: 
    Attendants: Beautiful Dreamer
    Bride: The Wedding March

Recessional: The Wedding March

• Options
    jenn5628jenn5628 member
    edited May 2013
    Processional: Groom and men - The Final Countdown (ohh FI...)
    Bridesmaids - String version of Today by Smashing Pumpkins
    Me - String Version of Wild Horses by Rolling Stones
    Recessional - Wild One's by Flo Rida and Sia... don't judge! Somehow it became 'our song'
    First Dance - Give it All We Got Tonight by George Strait

ETA:  We're not super music buffs or anything, but pretty light-hearted and I think these choices will reflect our personalities
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenn5628 said:
    Processional: Groom and men - The Final Countdown (ohh FI...)
    Bridesmaids - String version of Today by Smashing Pumpkins
    Me - String Version of Wild Horses by Rolling Stones
    Recessional - Wild One's by Flo Rida and Sia... don't judge! Somehow it became 'our song'
    First Dance - Give it All We Got Tonight by George Strait

ETA:  We're not super music buffs or anything, but pretty light-hearted and I think these choices will reflect our personalities
    Is your groom an Arrested Development fan by any chance?
  • Options
    LOL!!!!!

@avolker1 - please tell me you're asking because he looks like Gob in the picture!!!!! "But where did the lighter fluid come from???"
  • Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm still trying to decide! :(

Processional:
    Raindrop Prelude - Chopin
    A Thousand Years (Piano) - Christina Perri

Recessional:
    I DON'T KNOW. Wah.

First Dance:
    "I Won't Give Up" - Jason Mraz

Last Dance:
    "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kls33145 said:
    LOL!!!!!

@avolker1 - please tell me you're asking because he looks like Gob in the picture!!!!! "But where did the lighter fluid come from???"
    Lol I asked because her fi picked the final countdown and that's what gob always has at his magic shows.  I can't help but think of that whenever I hear that song haha.
  • Options
    Haha! I never thought of that!  I'm not sure if he's ever really seen it - but I like it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1FairMaiden1FairMaiden member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    We're having an accoustic guitarist for our wedding ceremony :) Mothers and grandmother entrance: gymNopedie No. 1 by Erik Satie Grooms and grooms men entrance: theme from the Mask of Zorro (not joking.... I would so not put it past this man to show up in a mask with a saber instead of a pocket watch...) Bridesmaids: Storybook Love from Promcess Bride Bride Entrance: cavatina Recessional: no idea First dance: The Best Is yet to Come Entrance for the reception: the Aggie fight song. FI said he wanted this to be the recessional. I wasn't honestly opposed to it, but the guitarist was like "uhhh... I don't think I can make that happen..." LOVE getting recessional ideas from everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards