Getting in Shape
Options

Thursday accountability

Since xcaly is off on her honeymoon, thought I'd get us started today! :)  We hope you're having a blast, xcaly!

Scale still isn't down, boo.  I did push myself through the workout last night, though, and again this morning (this morning marks 30ds level three, day three.)  There are about four exercises in it that I am not doing as well as I would like, so the goal is to get myself through those in the next seven days.  I may make the program last a few extra days if I can't get them done in that time frame.  Food is also on track, though I probably had a bit more than a real portion of ice cream last night.  Let's hope it's on track again today!
I also have to go get my BM dress fitted tonight, something for which I am not excited.  The dress just accents all the wrong places on me, so I am hoping the tailor can work some magic...

Have a great day everyone!
Anniversary

Re: Thursday accountability

• Options
    Ah! Happy Birthday xcaly!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, xcaly! Glad you're enjoying your honeymoon.

I hear ya on the scale Lobsters. Same old, same old...

No workout and food was awful yesterday. I mean awful. We're talking chili cheese dogs (and I almost NEVER eat hotdogs - maybe once a year if I'm forced), chips and soda. FI was craving chili cheese dogs and I figured it would be a quick and easy supper.

DD's recital was last night, and she has a repeat performance tonight. She's pretty tired today, and I'm expecting her to be extra tired (read: cranky) tomorrow morning. I wish the programme was a little more diverse, but she still loves to dance, so that's good. She came from a very rigid academy programme, where all the girls wore the same uniform, worked on technique, had professional teachers ... it's not the same level here, but that isn't affecting her enjoyment (much). She made a brief comment about doing the same stuff for a few more years, but was so excited last night, that she seems to have forgotten about that.

Okay, full day of testing today, and another job to apply for. Time to face the day...

Have a good one, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday xcaly!!! Glad you're enjoying the honeymoon! Lobsters- what's your mfp name? I dont think I have it, mine is lola711c Yesterday was great. I ate well and had room for a popcorn last night. I ran 5 miles and did p90x shoulders and arms + ab ripper. It was nice having the day off! I secretly snuck to try on my dress for the first time... I kinda wanted to do that alone because I was nervous about it fitting. Well I had a shock at first because it wasn't close to closing in the back and I thought I'd never fit it. Turns out the person didn't have it in the right spot. The bridal lady came down and worked her magic and told me it fits perfectly. I fit in my dress! Yay! And I kinda liked the way it looked for the most part. The biggest trouble was the back cleavage and I want to tone my arms more. Then a little pooch in the belly. That was a good experience to have though because now everything I eat I will be thinking about that tight fit and back flab. More motivation?! So today I have softball practice and I'll go for a 4 or 5 mile run. I'm pumped to eat right to face the scale tomorrow am. Have a great day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday, xcaly!!

Lobsters and jenny - I feel the scale pain too! I was going down for a bit and then progress has just... halted and reversed.

mrsrutkowski - hooray for your dress fitting perfectly!

Last night I had a frisbee game which was some hard running. Did well for food aside from a trip with co-workers to Menchies (which I've never had before, apparently they recently came to Canada),  but I managed to limit my portion size and toppings, despite those massive cups they have!

For the next 5 days I have no more frisbee scheduled so I'm going to buckle down and do some triathlon training, which I've been greatly slacking on.

Have a wonderful Thursday!
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Happy birthday Xcaly! Yay for honeymoon birthday!

My scale is still also stuck. Boo.

Yesterday was a big food fail. Denny's hashbrowns after my work radio interview, a single donut for lunch, chicken parm for dinner and a slice of cake. But, shark week started last night and I have zero appetite today and even thinking about food makes me feel awful. So that should balance out I guess. I ran 3 miles and lifted yesterday.

Today I opted to take a rest day. Unusual for me mid week like this, but needed. And I'm in a lot of pain today from shark week, so it'll be well received. I have a crazy busy day at work today, so here's to that. 

Oh, and I had my final fitting last night. Other than being crazy bloated, it fit great. Just need a rouge piece of boning that was stabbing me in the tit taken care of and I'm all set!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Good morning early birds!  I overslept :)

Yesterday was so-so.  I did have a cardio workout, but it was shorter than normal because I was rushing to get home to FI.  He is doing ok.  Food yesterday was also so-so....appetite was nuts, ugh the challenges of being female.  :)

Hope everyone has a good day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Birthday xcaly!

Lots of May birthdays!

Yesterday I didn't work out, but did do a lot of walking. We also got our marriage license ! 37 days now.

Food was on track too. My sister made ricotta and spinach manicotti, so we had that for supper. It was good!

And the scale is down 1 pound!
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    Happy Birthday XCaly!  I'm glad you are enjoying your honeymoon!

Yesterday FI and I went running/walking/hiking around a very hilly park for a bit over an hour.  The weather was gorgeous, but I did get a bug bite on my knee that now feels like a bruise.  Seriously, it hurts so much I keep looking at my knee to check for a bruise and then I remember that I got that bug bite.

Today I am planning a 3 mile run.  Just over 2 weeks until my half!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lobsters - never underestimate the power of a good tailor!!  good job on the workouts!
    xcaly - glad to hear the appetite is coming back, that food sounds delish!!  enjoy honeymooning!  and...happy birthday!!!
    mrsr - dress excitement, yayyy!!!
    jaenella - limiting yourself at menchies??  you deserve a prize!!  i swear their machines are programed to spit out ice cream at mach speed, it's so had to portion control!!

Yesterday I did a "slow" 4 mile run which turned out to be not as slow as I though.  I'm finding it hard to believe I've gotten so much faster, but I keep recalibrating my ipod and everything seems correct.  I guess I'll just go with it!  I also got a few walks in at work.  But then dessert happened again, because I visited my parents and my mom loves to bake.  I'm sure it wasn't too terrible, but not my best decisions.  I've been avoiding the scale for the past few weeks and that's probably a good thing...

Today is my LAST run before the half.  Just a little 3 miler after work.  Crazy to think it's almost here!

Happy Thursday to everyone!

• Options

Way to kick butt choagie!  You're going to kill that half!

Okay, I need to add updates.  Food might not be as good today because our favorite gelato place is having their nine year anniverary and some of the flavors sound just too good to miss.  It's early enough that I will be able to plan this into calories, but still not the best food option. :)

I also need to AW for a minute.  I finally just signed up for boxing lessons through living social.  I have ALWAYS wanted to box, because I love feeling strong, but have been afraid of all of the cardio and HIIT work.  I am super excited to challenge myself over the two week trial period, and excited that H is going to go with me!

Anniversary
  • Options
    sounds so fun lobsters!!  be sure to report back on all your progress and success!
  • Options
    Ooohhh, Lobsters. I loved my MMA class. I was horrible at the kickboxing, but had so much fun. I was ALL OVER multiple attacker fighting though...

Good luck in the halkf, Choagie - you've totally got this!

I also forgot to add that I decided that the gym schedule isn't going to work for me. I've been wreatling with it for a month now. yesterday I ordered a set of resistance bands with door attachments etc. from amazon, and can combine bands to get 200lbs of resistance. That's the route I'm going to take.

I will give it until the end of June before starting to cut up my dress. I know what alterations I will do if I have to, in order to make it fit, but after a solid week of looking online for a replacement, there's nothing that I like as much. The closest thing is over twice what I paid, would do in a pinch, but I still like mine.

At least I have a plan. I also think I have a jump start plan, but am not quite ready to commit to that yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Happy Birthday @Xcalygrl!

@mrsrutkowski - so glad your dress fits, PICS next time!

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was good for me. I came in under calories and I was able to get an afternoon walk in AND body combat. For the abs track of body combat, I was able to do almost the entire track (shoulder tap push ups...who would have ever thought I could do one, let alone multiple sets!).

Today is going to be challenging. Me and a bunch of co-workers are meeting up with one of our ex-co-workers at a bar for dinner and drinks. I'll probably only be eating dinner (no drinks), but I'm going to really have to watch it.

I wish today was Friday. It feels like it should be....
  • Options
    @Choagie You are going to do awesome in your half!

@Lobsters My future sister in law is taking boxing lessons, she says it is so much fun!  I'm jealous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    the heck. I can't seem to post. My text box isn't working.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah... that's really strange. I have to make a draft in order to post. Anyways, I am down 5 pounds again, and currently craving pizza :/ Happy B-day Xcaly! FI swore in to the military yesterday, so yay! Workout was good yesterday, and I plan on having a salad for lunch. Should be booking honeymoon sometime this week too :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Kwith - it sounds like moving went pretty well! Glad to have you back! How exciting that you're SO CLOSE to a wonderful park. Maybe it will make you less homesick for your Colorado workout haunts :). Goodluck on the interview!
  • Options
    Evening all-
    Today has been good, food was good.  I also did day 2 of level 1 of 30DS.  Day 3 will be tomorrow.  We also have a meeting with the girl taking care of our printing, etc tomorrow to design our invitations.  It's feeling more and more real!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards