Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake?

Anyone have any great recommendations for a bakery for a cake?
Thanks so much

Re: Cake?

• Options
    When i went scouting in March this year Retro Bakery was soooo good! they are about a 20 min drive from the strip and I would have went through them but my best friend made my cake as a gift for wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
    Besides Retro, Freeds is another come one used on the board. I found Caked Las Vegas on Wedding Wire and I am considering using them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiGi's Cupcakes were great. We did cupcakes and a cake.
  • Options
    fablovefablove member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    When we went cupcake and cake tasting in December, we tried out Freed's for the cake and Sin City Cupcakes for the alcohol infused cupcakes. Freed's almond cake with amaretto filling was delicious! We tried all the flavors they offer but that one was the best to us. We would have went with that if it wasn't for Sin City Cupcakes winning us over with their to die for alcohol infused cupcakes!
  • Options
    We were pretty happy with Freeds; we had them at our wedding and again for our first anniversary trip.  They do NOT communicate well via email so just keep that in mind if you're an online type person and don't do well with vendors who only like phone and fax.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Gimme Some Sugar was amazing for our 4/20 wedding :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    Would anyone know of any bakeries who would deliver to the restaurant (Canaletto) on the day without me or one of my party actually being there in person? I've seen that Retro for example will deliver to the strip but would I need to meet them or would they (or any other bakery) be willing to drop it off?

Do they only drop off on the wedding day or are wedding cakes (I think it would be a cake rather than cupcakes) made in advance so they could drop off the day before? It would be fine to meet them at the restaurant the day before but just a bit of a pain having to walk over to the Venetian from the Cosmopolitan on the wedding day.
  • Options
    Gimme Some Sugar dropped our cake off and set it up without me being there.  I let the restuarant know they'd be coming on the day of and I never heard of it again. It was actually one vendor I didn't have to communicate with at all after we'd paid and picked our flavors- in a totally good way :)  We just showed up and our cake and cupcakes were on display and beautiful (and yummy) and they picked up the dispay the next day.  Again, nothing needed from me at all! :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    Retro is delivering to our restaurant and we won't be there. I just let the restaurant know that they will be there at xxx time like FrankensteinsGirl said. We did get cake/cupcake stands that don't need to be picked up though. Retro won't pick up their stands if you rent them - you will have to bring them to their bakery after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks both of you, helps a lot, don't know why I thought this would be an unusual request!
  • Options
    Cakes are usually made 1-3 days in advance, depending on how extravagant they are and the baker's schedule, but sometimes they'll add last-minute touches (like live flowers) the day of. The bakers generally drop the cake off the day of the wedding since the restaurants often don't have storage space available for them.
  • Options
    Ya, Gimme Some Sugar had a disposable stand option but we opted for the other one.  But they picked up the stand the next day- it was perfect :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    Hi, did Gimme Some Sugar give you an idea of cake prices? I know you had cupcakes but thought I'd check.
  • Options
    I just chose Gimme Some Sugar as our cake vendor.  I sent them a message with the ideas that I had and they sent me back a pretty quick quote that included everything.  If you are interested in them, I would email them and hopefully you'll get a straightforward quote like we did!

• Options

I didn't even inquire about cake, except our cutting cake (which was $60) :)  I did all our communication via email which was easier for me :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    Since we are talking about cake, thought I would ask a couple of things. I am considering bringing my own stand. Am I the only one? Do they normally have a selection for you to choose from? Also, does any other vendors offer shipping samples? I thought I read somewhere about you paying for overnight shipping but not sure. I just don't know how I'm going to choose flavors without tasting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missmo14missmo14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2013
    You are not the only one Sunni, Ive already been researching buying my own cake stands we are going to ship it straight to Muse who will be doing our reception set up ;-) We are going with retro bakery for their 'married in las vegas' cake. FI and I love it, its hella tacky but its just us. We are going to do the mini cake with cupcakes.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I really like Retro's married in Vegas cake too, we weren't going to bother with a cake until we saw that and thought it looked fun. It's just the cake stand part that's annoying me now, I was hoping Canaletto would have one but they don't. Will Retro's cake come on one of these boards like in the picture in the link? would that do for it to sit on? It's a very small group for our wedding so I don't need anything fancy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/retrobakery/4598538092/in/set-72157606721206062
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    That is a cool cake! I like it. I've sent my pics to Gimme some Sugar today and I will also check what Freeds and Retro will charge. I have found some cute cake stands on Save-On-Crafts that I like and are pretty cheap. I just read that it makes the cake and the pics of the cake look so much better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I thought about buying my own but in the end it was easier for me to just use theirs.  The stand wasn't anything fancy (though it was the more expensive choice- they had the disposable option too) but make it nice and I'm glad I had one (I thought about not having one for a split second).  I didn't ship anything, though, so maybe if I was already shipping I might've bought my own :)  Here a pic of the cupcakes and the stand from gimme some sugar :) 

Photobucket
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    That's a great picture of you two! I will be bringing lots of things so what's one more item! Lol. I think I will have one suitcase of just wedding stuff. ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards