Getting in Shape
Options

Finally Friday Accountability

Helllllllooooooo!!!!

No workout yesterday - last night was the final recital night - and food was crap (except supper, which was grilled chicken and broccoli). Scale is down half a pound...

We're all pretty tired and looking forward to our weekend. DD cried last night all the way home because she was going to 'miss dance' during the summer hiatus. That's a sure sign that she's tired. She has two rehearsals this weekend for her spring concert, so I'll spend my time bringing her back and forth, doing my usual laundry and errands, but I also want to get my bouquets done once and for all.

What are your plans for this weekend? It's a long weekend for us, and I hope it's long enough!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally Friday Accountability

• Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Morning!

Well, we tried boxing last night and it was the roughest workout I've ever attempted in my life.  I took a ton of breaks and skipped some exercises, which made me feel a little bad, until the owner told me that even her Insanity-addicts can barely get through the whole workout, if at all.  It was fun, but I'm still on the fence about signing up.  It's a decent amount of money, and I have to wonder if I'll burn out from it being so tough.

Food was over, but a planned overage because I figured I'd need a bit more fuel for the extra workout (and we had the gelato-yum.)  Food should be good today, and I'm taking an unscheduled rest day to recover from yesterday's two workouts.  Still no scale change.  Sigh.

Have a great FRIDAY everyone!

Oh-weekend plans...we're teaching our last Sunday School class for the year, hoping to get to the movies for either Iron Man or Gatsby, and I'm also hoping for a leisurely morning at the farmer's market tomorrow before errands.  Annnd, we may try another boxing class...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Morning! Scale is down .6. Yesterday's food was just under and I had softball practice. I was planning on a run but skipped it. This morning I did p90x legs and back and ab ripper. This weekend/week there are a lot of diet busting occasions (pto banquet, baby shower, my work shower :)) so i need to stay in control to keep the losing momentum going for a third week. Boudoir pics are scarily close. (Is that a word?)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Yay Friday! Good morning!

Yesterday was meh. I wasn't feeling good and had like no appetite. I ate very little but did end my night with dessert. I'm pretty sure I came in under calories though, even without a workout due to my low food intake all day overall. 

Today I got up and ran 4 miles. FI is talking about running the 7.5 mile loop through town and the college tonight, so I may or may not join him. We'll see how I feel after working my first full Friday in as long as I can remember at this point. 

I have to work a bit tomorrow. My agency is hosting a zumbathon fundraiser and I set it up so I have to be there. Then afterwards I may or may not drive to Syracuse and hep MOH and BM get some painting done on their house they just closed on a few days ago. I'll probably go because I want to buy a blingy hair comb too so a trip to my bridal salon may be in order. Sunday we have our final meeting with our DJ. Ahhh, so close, c'mon June 1st!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy Friday!!!

Lobsters - way to be a bad@ss at boxing!
    Kwith - good luck with all the unpacking stuff.  I also enjoy having you on east coast time!

Yesterday was my last run, a 3 miler, before Sunday.  I set out WAY to fast and finished in 7:30 pace but felt pretty miserable.  Not the best note to end on before the race, grrrrr.  I also indulged in my own creation of a "PMS platter" which was essentially a trio of desserts I could scrounge up in my house.  I went for two 3 mile walks during the day, so at least there was some activity and exercise.  But I'm so bloated from water retention that I still feel miserable.  Ok I'll stop whining now...

Weekend plans: Today I'm going to the Indians game with friends and family.  Tomorrow I'm going to the race expo (super excited) and picking up my bib/packet.  Sunday is race day (7:00am sharp, ugh!) followed by IHOP (I'm comin' for you brioche french toast), my sister's graduation, a movie, then dinner out.  Yeah, I'm going to collapse from exhaustion... and still gain weight the day I ran a half marathon given 2 meals out...
  • Options
    happy happy Friday everyone!

My ex-co-worker ended up being sick yesterday, so going out to the bar turned into working out at the gym. I'm actually slightly relieved I got a good workout in. I did my afternoon walk, then at the gym I did 35 minutes running/walking intervals on the treadmill and 6 weightlifting machines.

Food ended up being spot on. For dinner we tried beer can chicken and it ended up turning out extremely well! Might end up being something we do semi-regularly.
  • Options
    @entropic - I had beer can turkey one year and didn't love it.  Maybe I need to retry with chicken.  Do you have a recipe you used?

I'm not sure if this is the exact recipe that DH used, but it sounds very similiar: CLICKY

I don't think this would work as well for a turkey because A.) I don't think a Turkey could have even fit on our grill the way it would have needed to, B.) One can of beer would not have been enough to keep an entire turkey moist. The whole reason to cook a chicken this way is to make it incredibly moist throughout and get the skin crispy - and it worked! Might be worth trying again :)
  • Options
    Yesterday was pretty decent, I didn't eat much yesterday because Im just stressed out and I didn't have an appetite.  But I was able to walk on the treadmill at PT for more than 10minutes without being too uncomfortable.  I did an arms and abs workout when I came back home.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Happy friday, ladies!

YAY long weekend!!! Yesterday I resisted a second work trip to Menchies (I think my co-workers are addicted) but ate out for lunch with a friend, so probably ended up over on calories for the day.

I didn't fit in any exercise but spent the entire evening doing chores, so at least I was on my feet for 3 hours of chopping and cleaning. 
  • Options
    No workout today, but I do have my first fitting! I lost another 1/2 inch from my waist since the try-on last month. I'm so pumped! 
  • Options
    @kwith - thanks that's good to know, I'm definitely trying to dismiss it and not focus on it!

interesting note.  today and tomorrow are rest days for me in prep for Sunday.  normally i love rest days, but feeling like they're being "forced" on me is causing some mental hijinks.  i keep wanting to go on really long walks and do pilates, etc.  I need to settle myself!
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

Fi and I are headed back home today, but its been a very productive few days in Halifax thats for sure. We got our marriage license, I received my Masters degree, the bridesmaids' dresses came in and I had my wedding shower!

We went out to Jack Astors for what I thought was going to be a graduation/belated birthday dinner, but it was a surprise shower for fi and I! We had a bunch of appetizers, then caesar salad and pizza, and then cupcakes and cake. I didnt track what I ate but my guess is I ate my daily intake in that one meal. Lol

No formal workouts either.

But the scale was down a pound the other night and even stayed that way even after that huge meal.

It'll be nice to get to the gym once we get home later.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    @kwith, its Victoria day on Monday here in Canada. So that gives us the long weekend
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options

I'm jealous of these long weekends you speak of! My weekend is packed full.. I have ceremony programs to do, my bachalorette party is tomorrow night, my friend's bridal show is tomorrow and I still have several other to do list items.. I can't believe I only have one week left!!

My best friend flew into Boise on Wednesday and I have curiously been about 100 calories over since we've been hanging out. She's pregnant and needs snacks often which makes me snack often too..

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Options
    @xcalygrl - happy birthday! There are never any calories in any food on your birthday :-D

Yesterday was my day off. I ran a bunch of errands and finally finished one garden! Yippee! I'm hoping that my flowers will do well and if they do, I'll be AWing them on here :) Food was excellent. I made steak for the first time. It turned out....okay-ish. I give major props to my FI - he ate it all and complimented it, even though it really wasn't that great.

Today I think I'm just going to go on a walk when I get home. This weekend is the winefest, so I will have a fun Saturday!
  • Options
    I second the trying beer can chicken again. I used to make it often, and it's really tasty. My current bbq is too small do make one now, we're deciding if we're going to buy a new, bigger one, or ship our old one from St. John's...

Yes, kwith, we get Victoria Day instead of Memorial Day. It's a long standing tradition to make it the first camping weekend of the summer, but for us, it's also usually a horrible weekend weather-wise. Not at all uncommon to have snow... One year I bought a shovel that weekend because we had so much snow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards