Plus-Sized

Casablanca retailer

Anyone know of a Casablanca retailer in the South East that carries plus size samples?  I've called a few here in Central Florida and the biggest sample of the dress I'd like to try on is a 10 (I'm a street 16, 14 if I'm lucky).

My mom said we should fly up to NJ/NY for the dress but that's a lot of money in travel that I rather avoid.  If you know one up there, I'll take it too in case I can't find one here.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Casablanca retailer

• I would suggest calling all salons listed on their webiste. Also, sometimes facebook helps.  If you post on their FB page that you are having trouble finding a retailer that carries plus size samples, they will sometimes help you find one.

As far as traveling goes, if you decide to do that, I would suggest going to DC/VA instead.  there are at least 2 plus size only salons in the DC/VA area.
  • Thank you!  I'll Google the DC area and check them out.
  • call the salons with casablanca and ask them  if they can get some in your size on loan from the designer i am going to a place in ct that only carrys bonny brides mades but they are getting 3 gowns for me to try on from bonny in plus size. 

all designers have various sizes and can lend them to the salon if needed 
  • Thank you cmgilpin, I'm already excited for the road trip to DC!  None of them carry Casablanca but oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

hyechica81, I've called a few, one's response wasn't very positive (the one with sample size 10) and the other salon that I liked their response better could only get it on loan from Casablanca in a size 6.  This is after walking into a bridal store I found by chance and basically being told they don't have anything for me that I should leave. So, not a fun start.  I like the idea of the plus size stores in DC and would rather have that experience then getting frustrated at the ones nearby.

• no bridal salon should tell you that we have nothing for you leave i would have said well guess what will be contacting social media and letting everyone know some bridal salons only want to fit the girls who look smoking hot and dont care about us sexy plus size gals.. where i am from there are at least 2 places in my area that have plus size gowns and a few places outside my area but in my state that have plus size. 

i refuse to go to davids bridal.. i want something unique and not mass produced. 
  • no bridal salon should tell you that we have nothing for you leave i would have said well guess what will be contacting social media and letting everyone know some bridal salons only want to fit the girls who look smoking hot and dont care about us sexy plus size gals.. where i am from there are at least 2 places in my area that have plus size gowns and a few places outside my area but in my state that have plus size. 

i refuse to go to davids bridal.. i want something unique and not mass produced. 

I am not personally a fan of Davids Bridal either, but honestly, most wedding gowns are mass produced and the styles between designers are very similar.  Davids Bridal usually creates their designs based off of similar designer gowns.    I do think their quality is not as nice as even the lower end designer gowns (Alfred Angelo, Mori Lee), but, unless you are having a dress made and you are creating the design yourself and not using any designer dresses as a model, none of our dresses are going to be super unique.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards