Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Is it me or is a post missing?

A new bride made a post yesterday about getting sick at resort in Mexico. Myself and someone else commented on it. Now it seems to have disappeared. I hope our new bride doesn't disappear with it. :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it me or is a post missing?

• Options
    It is totally missing - I also commented on that post. Weird
  • Options
    Oh darn... I was hoping it was just me. I hope she comes back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It's me, you guys!  I'm so confused because it was my first time posting.  I can see the title of the post under "My posts" but when I click on it I'm routed back to the board homepage.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to mention certain resort names when it comes to something negative?  I thought this was a space for honest information to be exchanged...

Soooo, I apologize if either of your responses were long.  I did not get to see them :-( 

I would still love to hear the suggestions!

Thanks,

Angela

• Options

I think there are some kinks to the new web layout that are being worked out.  I've never seen anyone have a problem nor have I personally had a problem with mentioning a resort by name and something negative.

Even if your post was flagged, under the old site we'd still be able to see the thread...not sure how it works on this "new" site.

Hope i doesn't deter you from posting!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    HI angela,

I don't think it's you.  I've made negative comments before and never had posts deleted. I think it has something to do with the new format. 

I don't really remember your original post too well, but I completely understand your apprehension to taking your guests to that Mexican resort since you got sick. I know you asked another person who had the same experience, but it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing will happen to everyone else. I've learned to take reviews with a grain of salt after my experience. Trip Advisor had terrible reviews for my resort but everyone went and had a good time.

I got married in the Bahamas at the Breezes resort. It is by no means a 5 star resort. It's more like a 3 star resort, but it was lots of fun. Plus it was pretty affordable and not too difficult to get to. I'd be happy to answer questions about it for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thank you.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  I have been considering the Bahamas more seriously now.  My fiance has been there once, to Atlantis maybe?  And I was hoping we could do a short trip soon, something like a site visit. 

I just heard back from a friend's relative/travel agent and she said that the Bahamas has few good all-inclusives.  She highly recommended Punta Cana for destination weddings and said that resorts there are decent and affordable. 

Most people just kind of assume you can avoid getting ill if you just avoid certain things at the resort.  I understand that this works for some travelers, but I'm a vegetarian.  All I eat are fruits and veggies!  So I really am screwed when I go anywhere with unclean water.

I didn't realize choosing a location would be so difficult.  Wish I wasn't such a sensitive baby.

• Options
    How about Jamaica?!  I am an advocate since that is where I got married, lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hi ladies! We are still working few some glitches from the format change. Those posts should be back up soon! @tag me or PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    KP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards