Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Catprint.com is not the cat's meow!

This is a post to warn all of you other engaged ladies thinking of designing your own invites and having Catprint.com print them for you. 

I came across their website about 3 weeks ago while browsing for a printing company who could print our invites for us.  Saw that they had outstanding reviews so I checked them out.  Right off the bat I found their website extremely user friendly compared to others I had checked out, loved that they had the paper option that I had wanted and most importantly, they had stellar rates!  Talked with my fiance and we decided to submit an order that night.  We received our hard copy proof within 4 days which was awesome too.

I opened the envelope and saw that the invite was amazing, the RSVP card was perfect and then I saw the information card (directions on both sides).  The ceremony directions side was centered and perfect, but the flip side was not centered at all.  "No biggie" I thought and called customer service.  Left a message telling them the problem and waited for my call back.  The next day around 5 I get a return call, mind you, I'm not upset AT ALL at this point.  I explain to the lady (Carol) what the issue is and she proceeds to tell me that the file we uploaded was not centered and that we would need to fix that issue on our end.  That's when the twinge of anger crept in, not strictly because I was told this was our problem to fix, but mainly for the fact that her attitude was one of "you're bothering me with this" and offered no assistance on how I could fix this.  When we designed all of this btw, I simply copied and pasted the background and the white box where text would go for the RSVP card and both sides of the direction card, so I was slightly baffled as to how 3 of the 4 sides of these 2 cards were perfect yet one was not centered.  I went home that night and re-examined the file we had sent them just to double check and saw that there was no centering issue on our end.  I emailed customer service and got a response the next day which again blamed us for the centering issue.  I was fuming and had my fiance look over everything since he works with computers for a living to see if I was missing something.  He thought maybe the size was a bit off, fixed that and emailed them the file for the direction card only.  I get an email a couple days later from Carol saying everything looked great and if we want to approve it they'll start printing.  My spirits were lifted, but I asked for another set of proofs just to be sure it looked right.  Those came in the mail this past Saturday and the invitation, again, was perfect but now the RSVP card was crooked along with the direction card and this time, the opposite side of this card was off center to the right when before it was to the left......??????????  What the duece happened!?!?!?  I refrained from emailing that day because I was too upset, but emailed them on Sunday.  No, it was not a very nice email as I was greatly displeased and I didn't get a respond until last night at 7:16 pm.  In my email I explained the crooked issue, the off center issue and asked why they touched the RSVP card when nothing was wrong with it the first time around.  Carol's repsonse only addressed the centering issue and yet again told me it was the file we sent them.

Instead of emailing, I called customer service and left a message simply asking someone to call me back so I can hopefully convey how disappointed I am in their work and how this issue can be resolved.  If they blame our file we sent them again, I'm going to ask for our money back and will kindly tell them we're taking our business elsewhere and will warn others to never use them.  As of right now, I'm still waiting on a response, but I will keep you all updated.  (I'm sure you're eagerly awaiting my follow up post, lol!)

Re: Catprint.com is not the cat's meow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards