Outdoor Weddings
Options

Barn Wedding In Akron Ohio

We are having our wedding at Conrad Botzum Farmstead in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. if we could get out deposit back we would!!!

There are soo many hidden fees its ridiculous!! Huge money pit. Its 2500.00 and doesnt include anything. i was told it includes set up and tear down but after signing contract it doesnt, you have to pay for tables and chairs which are extra and you have to pay to get them set up for you on top of it. you have to pay to have a bonfire!!! wth
Theres a 300.00 fee for not going with their recommended caterer. its a nitemare! i would definitly not recommend having your wedding here unless you dont mind paying hidden fees and they arent cheap!
we thought this place would be cheaper bc we are making our own food and doing alot ourselves than it would be going with a hotel and having to pay up to 5000.00 just for food , but all the hidden fees are outragious!

Re: Barn Wedding In Akron Ohio

• Options
    if u can affod to lose deposit then i would keep looking soounds like you rent happy :( have u talked to them and said u were told things were included and they arent
  • Options
    Were all these hidden fees outlined in your contract? That's awful! If you can find a venue that you know costs less than the cost of your remaining total with the current venue, I'd say it's worth it to eat the deposit. I really hope you get the wedding you've always wanted!
  • Options
    This was the first place I looked at too. Then I came on here and read the horror stories! I would try and get your deposit back. I changed to Buffalo Creek Retreat in Seville Ohio. It has that rustic look and feel, but they have a reception building onsite. I think they are booked for 2013, but it might be worth looking into. Good luck!
  • Options

There is a wedding facility that resembles a barn located between Cleveland and Columbus. It is a high end ie granite counter tops air conditioning etc. Located on 75 acres with a 1/2 acre pond. It also has a treehouse/honeymoon suite designed by Pete Nelson. 

They also have four high end luxury cabins that sleep up to 15 in there larges cabin.

Google The Grand Barn at The Mohicans and The Mohican Cabins

The Grand Barn blog is below:

http://themohicangrandbarn.wordpress.com/

Cabins and treehouse website

WWW.TheMohicanCabins.com

They can be reached at 440 799 3419 

• Options

There is a wedding facility that resembles a barn located between Cleveland and Columbus. It is a high end ie granite counter tops air conditioning etc. Located on 75 acres with a 1/2 acre pond. It also has a treehouse/honeymoon suite designed by Pete Nelson. 

They also have four high end luxury cabins that sleep up to 15 in there larges cabin.

Google The Grand Barn at The Mohicans and The Mohican Cabins

The Grand Barn blog is below:

http://themohicangrandbarn.wordpress.com/

Cabins and treehouse website

WWW.TheMohicanCabins.com

They can be reached at 440 799 3419 

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I loved Botzum, but ended up not booking there because the lady was a nightmare to deal with. I asked her if she could email after she never answered my phone calls, but she said she didn't do email. Are you serious?! It's the 21st century. Do you want my business or not. And also, I thought the wedding was supposed to be what the bride wanted, not what's more convenient for you. After being told I could only rent items from one rental place when one of their preferred caterers provided all that anyways, I ditched the idea. Their website was very misleading. It gave the impression that they were very open and accommodating to what you wanted , but apparently that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    Hi and Welcome @Ismilan!

I hope you found a venue you like working with. You may want to post this on your local board, so other brides in your area can know about your experience.

You can find the local boards by using the "Choose Another Board" drop down menu at the top of your screen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards