June 2013 Weddings

I know we've covered this, but UGH!!!

Our responses were due back today and I just went to the mailbox and no RSVP's :( We have only gotten 7 out of 45 back!! And it's not like I was expecting 38 replies today, but come on people!!

I told my fiancé the other day (joking of course, lol) that I was going to start spreading the word that we were going to start cutting one person a day from the guest list who hadn't responded by May 15!! I really was only half kidding! How hard is it to check yes or no and seal an already addressed and stamped envelope?? I really could not have made it any easier!!

Oh, and just because you told me in passing that you could or couldn't come doesn't mean you don't have to send back your RSVP!! And don't tell me you're trying to find a date, because you've had almost 2 months to find one...if you haven't found one yet you're probably not going to, just saying!!

Whew, I'm a little angry today, but that just simply had to be said!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I know we've covered this, but UGH!!!

• I feel ya, today was our deadline.  We've had to call/text/email/FB all outstanding RSVP's.  Seriously, I'm going to pay for your dinner to party with us, and I have to track you down to see if you're coming or not, because you couldn't be bothered to check a box and toss a self addressed, stamped envelope in the mail?  People suck.  They better be getting us some good gifts for all the strife they've put me through. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • right; some people just do not get...you are not alone!  The last three people I have reminded have all said "oh sorry I did not realize you needed it back if I was coming!?"  Um. yes, that is why it says please respond and select your meal choice :)  Give them a final deadline and just say if I do not hear from you by this date, I cannot accommodate you. 

Anniversary
  • I gave everyone until the 1st to RSVP. I'm hoping the 22 responses we haven't received come by then but I know I'm probably expecting too much!
  • I had to call people. Some people turned out never got theirs stupid usps. I also facebooked messaged which is the best way because you can see if they read the message and if they had and no response then you know they aren't coming.
  • Our deadline was yesterday too. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I made a post on my facebook linking our website, so people could RSVP last minute that way. Only 2 people did so I need to start calling people
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• I'm sure I am going to have the same problem. My deadline is the 1st and I need to have numbers in on the 15th. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy s#+*!!!!!!!! We got 3 responses today! They may be a day late, but I'll take it!!! And they were 3 of the like 7 people I wasn't sure about!!! Right now it's the little things in life and this was one of those really big "little things"!! I was feeling really frustrated and overwhelmed with everything and this just have me a great boost of motivation!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is SO frustrating. Our response date was May 14th, and we're currently hunting down answers from people who haven't responded. But, my biggest annoyance has been people adding guests that weren't invited. Thankfully weve had enough no's that it isn't a gigantic deal, but it is just rude and annoying. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ejmaierejmaier member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I joked with my FI the other day that if you don't reply, I'm going to assume you're a no. But if you show up...guess who's not getting dinner??? Just kidding. Kind of. But it is frustrating so I feel ya :-/
    Emily :) maierfaganwedding.weebly.com
  • And 2 more today!!!!! Maybe I should take back the not so nice things I said earlier in this post!!! Lol! Keep those replies coming people :) We've almost doubled our response count in 2 days!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We gave everyone until June 8th, but I still feel a little disappointed when I don't see an RSVP's in the mailbox
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards