August 2012 Weddings
Options

hair help needed, badly

ok, so now that mom is going HOME from the hospital after over 2 weeks, and money has been figured out, and everything seems to be a billion times better in my life....I need help with my hair.  to recap...I went to my hair trial last week and was convinced that the style I wanted (half up, half down with curls) wouldn't last in the heat, so I agreed to an up do.  I wear my hair up all the time (at work, at home, it's ALWAYS in a pony tail).  I talked it over with FI and my mom, and decided screw it.  I WANT MY HAIR DOWN, and so down it will be.  I called my hair dresser and told her about the change, and that I can't afford a second hair trial, but to plan on a down do (she's excited too because she knew that's what I really wanted).  Now Ladies, please....I need ideas....a half up half down do that will look ok with a veil, and last in the heat. 

Re: hair help needed, badly

• Options
    Glad your home situation is better! Now your hair... the same thing happened to me! I had the exact same thoughts heat curls no. But the updo I had going on... well after I decided to nix it and go with half up half down I showed my FI the picture and his exact words were, "yea you don't want to look so martha washington on your wedding day... do down.." so from there on out its been down. Here is a link to my pinterest hair page, there's lots of ideas on there. I am planning on a waterfall braid for the up part then curls for the down. I'm using a traditional veil with a comb on it so I'm just going to stick it in the braid (carefully) for the ceremony, then pull it back out after a few family pictures. Here's the link:
    http://pinterest.com/declue82/hair-styles/

Hope that helps!!!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing a half up/half down with a headband and curls down the back. I told my hairdresser I was worried about curls and the heat, and she said she'd do them really tight in the morning, and by the time I got to the ceremony & photos it would be mroe relaxed, and by the end of the night I would have loose curls. I think it will be a nice progression, and when I did the trial we timed it (which was funny to me) and it did exactly what she said it would. Ask your hairstylist to do the curls tighter than she usually would, I'm sure she could make it work!
  • Options
    I'm so glad things are settling down!

I was browing pinterest for nothing in particular tonight, and this came across my screen.  I think it's stunning!  It's the second one in this link-
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi! I am also doing my hair half-up half-down with some curls. These are some of my ideas, hope they help! :)

• Options
    thanks everyone.  so many choices. 
  • Options
    I have a board full of hair ideas for half up, half down!

http://pinterest.com/ohnoitskaroljo/wedding-hair/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards