June 2013 Weddings

Mom crashed my bachelorette party!

So my bachelorette party was yesterday and my request was to spend the day at a hot springs day spa, so I could de-stress and relax. I purposely only gave my MOH three other names for the invite list to keep a small group. Turns out none of them were able to join us but we didn't care, because that meant less personalities to deal with, and we're happy to go ourselves to have a fun day with the just the two of us. 

Well, my mom and her best friend (I adore them both) decided it would be fun to go to the same spa and "crash" our party. I'll admit that I knew my mom was considering doing this and, because we are so close and love spending time together, I didn't mind the idea. Unfortunately yesterday was not my mom's best day! She had a very stressful week at work and was so wound up that she did nothing but bitch and moan about every little thing all day long! She was complaining that it was too crowded (which it wasn't). And every conversation was about her crazy job or her best friend counseling her on the last man she dated that didn't work out (bunch of negative things about that guy) even though she's already seeing someone new that she likes better. Then we started talking about the wedding over lunch and her friend brought up my dad and asked me if I was nervous to see him, which started a whole other negative conversation that I didn't want to have. 

I basically glazed over and didn't participate in any of these conversations all day and only my MOH noticed so she tried her best to diffuse the situation by distracting my mom as much as possible. I managed to sneak away as much as could and just lounge in the different pools and at the end of the day I went for a massage so I could really get away from everyone! All I wanted to do was get away for a day and relax because I've been so stressed out lately but I don't feel like I got a chance. The day went by so fast and I feel like I was trying to escape my mom's bad mood the whole time. And I feel so terrible saying all this because I love my mom and usually have such a great time with her on the regular.... just really wish she could have been in a better mood and enjoyed herself. I feel like the day was not about me or relaxing at all and wish I could go back for a do over... ALONE!

Oh well. It was just one day. And I pray that my wedding day doesn't feel like this. 

Anniversary

Re: Mom crashed my bachelorette party!

• Sounds like a good excuse for you to book another massage and a mani-pedi so you can get some downtime!!

• That really stinks! I'm sorry, but I agree with Emily, sounds like a good excuse to go back and enjoy some alone time! Just don't tell anyone where you're going!

I'm doing something similar with just my bridesmaids and my mom, spa afternoon, then wine tasting at our venue and dinner :) If you feel like making a trip to Missouri you can come with us!! I can guarantee no one would be able to crash the party then :) LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, definitely book some more me time.  You deserve it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs -- sorry you had to deal with this, but if you're able, totally book a day for just you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards