Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

What to do?

Recently my fiance and I have been considering dropping a full wedding and just eloping.  But we both still want the big wedding at the same time.  We've only come to think of the other since I no longer have my mother.  She passed away just before Christmas and my father removed himself from my life over a decade ago.  My fiance and his parents quit speaking long before we were even dating and know they will not be at the wedding.  Because of this it's a bit hard to continue facing the planning without my mom who was helping with much of our DIY aspects.  Now I'm just confused on which direction to go now. 

Re: What to do?

• I suggest that you take a deep breath and do something that my Fi and I have done and found quite useful. Imagine that you had all the money in the world to spend for your wedding. How would you like it to be? Naturally you won't be able to have everything you want unless you really are rich, but it gives you a general idea. Now imagine your life 30 years from now. You are reminiscing about your wedding, how do you want to remember it?
  • I would advise that you do not make any decisions now, while you are in grief. At most, postpone your wedding, and save the major decisions for when your heart has room for them.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope things improve for you.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

I also agree with PPs that I would give it some time to determine what you really think feels comfortable and appropriate and then make plans accordingly when you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards