Michigan-Grand Rapids

Seamstress Recommendations

I purchased my dress online and although it is close to fitting perfectly – I would like to have it altered a little bit.  Does anyone have recommendations for a seamstress that is both AFFORDABLE and GOOD?  Thank you in advance. 

Re: Seamstress Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    I have a lady that I have used for every wedding I have ever been in. SHe does really good work. She is fast and really friendly. She works out of her home in Byron Center. Her name is Lori Fortuin. Her phone number is 616-878-9088 I just love her! I had a wedding that all of our dresses came in the week of the wedding and she got them done for all of us. She pays attention to every little detail. She also has a dress shop in her home. You can buy dresses from her. Good luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!
  • edited December 2011
    i second lori fortuin.. ive worked with her for years...
  • barbara1312barbara1312 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori is great!  She did my daughter's wedding dress, and several bridesmaid's dresses last year.  Fast, confident, friendly, and reasonably priced.  Does she alter dresses that aren't bought from her shop or Bridal Lane, though?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes she does. I got a dress form Bridal gallery and one form Bridal essigance and she altered both of them.
  • edited December 2011
    Does she do custom dresses?
  • edited December 2011
    What is her addrsss - does she have mother of the bride dresses ?
  • Can you tell me what Lori charges for custom work? 

•  Does anyone know if she still does alterations? Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_seamstress-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:10435864Post:0569c2da-eaa7-4813-8626-2ed8ce075c83">Re: Seamstress Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE] Does anyone know if she still does alterations? Thanks!
    Posted by mullisk[/QUOTE]

<div>yeah she does still do alterations :)</div>
  • edited May 2013

Be careful going to Lori Fortuin, make sure you try you stuff on before you leave .

• edited May 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards