Offbeat Weddings

Anyone else entering a Punker/Metalhead matrimony??

We are planning a flat our concert for our wedding, with two bands (one being Rock and one being Metal) and two solo guitarists (one being punky and one rock), with the "Main Event" being our ceremony.

We decided to do this theme because we spend every other weekend out at a local show, and it is something we have always loved, so it really seems appropriate to us. Everyone in the family (except a few traditionalists) seem to be on board.

Soooo, if any of you are doing a similar theme, I would love to trade ideas and such with you so we can all have wonderfully metal weddings. Anyone? :)

Re: Anyone else entering a Punker/Metalhead matrimony??

• I REALLY wish I had thought of this. It's BRILLIANT! Damnit. I already paid for half of my stuff.
  • Thank you! I'm glad you like the idea. I'm sure that what you decided to do instead will be awesome. Are you doing a theme??
  • SavvyGeekSavvyGeek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Whoa. Totally awesome! I wish I had thought of something like this. I don't have any ideas to offer; but wanted to compliment you all the same. \m/
  • We're actually doing a BBQ on site (like I hired someone to man a grill and take orders) with music dancing and booze. We wanted to have live bands, but the palce doesn;t allow it. BOOOOO. 
    Just really laid back no pressure (except on me for pulling it off, never done a BBQ for 150+ people!!!) 
    Just an idea though, I'd have one of the bands come out AFTER the main event, and play whatever you want your firsts ong to be, even if its untraditional which I'd expect ;) to do your dance or mosh or WHATEVER to, I think that could be a cool like evening closer...I hope you have a great GREAT wedding and if there tickets being sold at the door im in ;) 
    Congrats lady!
  • We're going to have the two acoustics play first (one before/during the ceremony and one at our first dance and during the first part of the reception) then the two heavier bands start after, so anyone who doesn't want to stick around for the "after party" doesn't have to. We are planning on having a children's section (complete with a fake tattoo booth) and what not. Most of our friends and family are musical and really enjoy similar things we do.

Jaimierocksanne, a BBQ sounds awesome!! I really hope you don't put yourself under too much stress. That's a lot to take on, but you can totally do it!

And congrats to all of you too!! :D
  • FH & I are probably going to do do a heavy metal or metal/monster movie wedding (it's not really a theme wedding, just stuff we like, I guess). We are planning on adding some design details from one of our favorite concept albums to the invites and reception decor. We are also planning on bringing a bunch of things from our house to decorate the venue (poster flags, skull & goblin candles, figurines, etc...). 

Since you go out to shows all the time, I might suggest talking to either a booking agent if you know one or an event planner to help keep everything on track during your wedding. The last thing you want is to have your wedding bands sound check forever or go way over their set times and incur OT venue charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards