Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What looks good?

Ok, I am going to have 4 bridesmaids, all of them are willing to wear whatever i want but i also want them to be comfortable. Two of the maids are a little curvier than the other two. I want them to get a dress that will look good and still make them comfortable. Its still a little early to go dress looking, but all of us will go together and look. I just wanted to know ahead of time.Does anybody have any idea what would look good?

Thanks

Re: What looks good?

• Options
    I find that A-Line dresses look good on most people.
  • Options

It really depends on their body style. Curvy doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for each person. A short, curvy person will look different than a tall curvy person. 

My suggestion is to pick a color, length and fabric and let them pick whatever dress they want that they feel fabulous in. 

My BMs picked their own dresses from the color I picked.  They picked the style and length and fabric, and they loved them.  They complimented each other well.

here is a photo of me and my two BMs. You can clearly tell that the dresses are different, but they look great together.

• Options

@ cmgilpin- I have thought about just picking the color and let them pick out what they wanted, and probably will end up doing that; just wanted some input. Thanks

• Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

I was dead set initially on having my 4 girls all wear the same dress.  Because two are plus size (one of which is trying to get pregnant) and two are very athletic, this was a challenge.  Because of this I basically had to cater to the larger ladies and go with a flowy A-line so it wouldn't hug the belly area of my two girls.  It was anything but flattering on my two athletic bridesmaids so I quickly decided to just tell them David's Bridal lapis...and things have been much better and so far, everyone looks beautiful!

• Options
    another fan of different styles. I have two petite girls and three average girls. Their heights, shape and size was all over the place.  I let them pick whatever style and 2 liked one style and the other 3 liked another one, so that worked best for us.  They all look stunning and were very happy they bought something that they were comfortable in. 

Sometimes it works out that one style will work good all around, but it also is not always the case.  So just be flexible and listen to the girls.  You know them, so will know if they are genuinely excited, uncomfortable, etc. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. :)
  • Options
    cmgilpin said:

It really depends on their body style. Curvy doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for each person. A short, curvy person will look different than a tall curvy person. 

My suggestion is to pick a color, length and fabric and let them pick whatever dress they want that they feel fabulous in. 

My BMs picked their own dresses from the color I picked.  They picked the style and length and fabric, and they loved them.  They complimented each other well.

here is a photo of me and my two BMs. You can clearly tell that the dresses are different, but they look great together.

This is exactly what I did, and it has worked well. I picked a line, a color, and length (floor length) and let the girls choose between about 15 different dresses. One of my bridesmaids will have just had a baby, two are really short, two are pretty tall, and their body types are all different. Letting them choose took the pressure off to find a universally flattering style. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards