Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Gift Ideas

Hey Everyone,

I am just now in the process of buying gifts for my friends that I am going to ask be bridesmaids and MOH (3 girls total). I plan on spending about $150 on each girl, and have already purchased a hand-painted champagne glass and mini bottle of champagne for each girl. I have spent about $120 so far in all. what is something more high-end I can get them that ends up at around $110, or less, per girl? I was thinking perfume, or chanel lipstick... something of that nature maybe, but IDK!

Thanks in advance!

Casey B.

Re: Bridesmaid Gift Ideas

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Hey Everyone,

I am just now in the process of buying gifts for my friends that I am going to ask be bridesmaids and MOH (3 girls total). I plan on spending about $150 on each girl, and have already purchased a hand-painted champagne glass and mini bottle of champagne for each girl. I have spent about $120 so far in all. what is something more high-end I can get them that ends up at around $110, or less, per girl? I was thinking perfume, or chanel lipstick... something of that nature maybe, but IDK!

Thanks in advance!

Casey B.

Each gift should really be different and geared towards the individual.

A $100 gift card to their favorite store would probably be much more appreciated than a $100 lipstick.

Just my two cents.

• Options
    SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    First off I'd just like to say that you are being quite generous with your budget and I'm sure your girls will appreciate that. But I agree with shopping or them individually.

I got coach wristlets for all my girls which was about half my budget for them. So I'm going to get them all a gift card for their favorite place and put them inside of the wristlets. My sister loves Starbucks, anther loves sephora and so on.
  • Options

Well the lipstick is $28 each, but your idea sounds good regardless. I was leaning towards getting something like that, but wasn't sure if it would be personal enough.

Thanks!

• Options
    I did basically the same gifts for my girls.  I think either way is fine as long as you are getting them things they will all like.  You are really sweet to spend so much, and I am sure they will be happy with whatever you give them. 

I write a wedding planning column for Examiner.com, and I wrote an article on this last month. Hope it helps with some ideas!

• Options
    I did basically the same gifts for my girls.  I think either way is fine as long as you are getting them things they will all like.  You are really sweet to spend so much, and I am sure they will be happy with whatever you give them. 

I write a wedding planning column for Examiner.com, and I wrote an article on this last month. Hope it helps with some ideas!

You can't advertize your writing here, and jewelry to use in the wedding doesn't count as a gift.  Also, what exactly does one do with a gigantic wine glass? 

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

@cherrytree34 I just read your article.

The majority of your suggestions are a bit off base. Are you honestly suggesting a basket filled with dollar store items as a gift? Cheap body wash/lotion/bubble bath aren't good for anyone to use. Not to mention the jumbo wine glass (aaaa whaaa?) and bridesmaid jewelry as a gift.

• Options
    Cherrytree, a quick critique of your suggestions:

1. Jewelry for bridesmaids to wear in the wedding is not a gift to THEM.  It is a gift to you so that your pictures look uniform.  I have never reworn any necklaces I've gotten as a bridesmaid gift.

2. Nothing says "I'm making a special treat for you" like a book full of pictures of yourself...

3-8. Nothing says "I really tried to think of what you'd like" like scarves, bubble bath, candles, and other generic gifts that I would buy for a random relative I didn't know well but drew in a family secret Santa.

9. Dollar store basket?  Really?

10. Most people who like to cook already have the cookware they like and want.
  • Options
    I have 6 bridesmaids and do not have the budget to spend $100 on every girl (unfortunately).  I've thought of a couple ideas but could use some suggestions.  
    I saw these clutches on etsy so I thought that could be cute and I could include gifts inside.  I wouldn't get them matching ones and I wouldn't even get ones that would be used for the wedding (though they could if they wanted to).  Besides gift cards what are some other creative things I could include?  I was thinking of jewelry (not wedding related, just in general).  I don't know.  

What are some gifts you've received and loved?   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered pearl earrings for my bridesmaids from Gratia Pearl (www.gratiapearl.com).  Sometimes there are sales for $20-30 earrings or rings.  Just don't make my mistake and forget to check whether all of them have pierced ears :-/  They have bracelets and such too.  Etsy is a good place to look for creative gifts too.  I've only had good experiences with both Gratia and Etsy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards