Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Am i in trouble or just thinking too much?

Ok so I've been thinking and now I'm worried. Ok so my wedding isn't until 5pm. We are saving our reception until we get back home and are only having about 20 guests but I'm worried I should at least feed them something even if its some cake or appetizers but I feel like there's little time for any of that since the wedding is at 5 and at 6 bell trans will pick is all up for the strip tourand we wowon't be done til 9, and around 10-1030 we Will be going out to a club. We are doing welcome bags but I feel like I should do more!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Am i in trouble or just thinking too much?

• Options
    You could do something like we are doing Valerie... offer guests drinks and apps on the patio at Carlos n Charlies after the ceremony. You could even do a little cake there.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    Valeriecruz82Valeriecruz82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm thanks mo I'll look into that idea! I'm just worried cause by the time we are all done with the wedding there will only be a 15 min gap for bell trans to pick us up. I should of thought this more through before booking my vendors!
  • Options
    I know!! Omg idk what I am going to do the venue charges a150 fee just to change our time. I mmight have to change it though!
  • Options
    What kind of vehicle are you doing the strip tour in? Would you be able to do drinks and snacks then? I agree that's a long time with no food. Most people don't eat dinner before 5pm and then you have them booked solid until 9pm or longer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know how formal you want things to be, but I saw some photos of people enjoying pizza and beer on the double-decker bus.  You can follow the link to Joey Allen's website.  Maybe you can have some pizza delivered and take it aboard the bus.  Just a thought.

• Options
    Have you already paid Bell Trans? Perhaps you can cut the few hour tour and that would leave a little room for something to eat. Or you can see about keeping the 3 hours but just shift the time to later in the evening.
  • Options
    I love the pizza idea..we aren't looking to be formal.. maybe something like that can be worked out! We booked the 24 seater bus with bell trans. I'm going to email them and see if they would allow food to be eaten on the bus.
  • Options
    I'm curious why the strip tour takes hours. What happens during this tour? I live here and have driven up and down the strip, it doesn't take that long and you're not allowed to hold up traffic or stop and park on the side of the street, so what all is in this tour? A stop at the sign for 2 hours? Do you go up and down the strip a couple of times?
  • Options
    I'm curious why the strip tour takes hours. What happens during this tour? I live here and have driven up and down the strip, it doesn't take that long and you're not allowed to hold up traffic or stop and park on the side of the street, so what all is in this tour? A stop at the sign for 2 hours? Do you go up and down the strip a couple of times?
    Typically 'strip tour' is a photography tour, i.e. stopping at different resorts and going to take some pics in and around the property.  Not sure if that's the case here but with that amount of time being allocated that would be my guess.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Yes that's what we are doing. We will be doing the Vegas sign, the fountains and either the Eiffel tower or the LOVE sign plus some shots in between :)
  • Options
    MeridianLVMeridianLV member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013

For a photography strip tour, transports will park in designated areas or side spots at each resort as time permits. 

The time to travel between destinations, park, get out, find various locations to take X number of photos, then get back in the transport and go to the next destination quickly grows. A photographer normally doesn't just take one picture right next to the bus and tell the bride and groom, "Okay, next stop!"  If a bunch of people get on and off the transport each time, and if they walk with the bride and groom, that also takes longer.

On the other hand, if it's not a photography strip tour, then yes there are no stops between the top and bottom and transport time could be about 45 minutes or less if they drive right on the strip.

• Options
    I'd agree food is a must.  I'm down with the Pizza idea.  If not, pay the fee and bump up the ceremony.  If people are traveling for your wedding, I think a meal is expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards