Snarky Brides

Good Morning!

Good morning, Snarkies!

It was pouring rain when I woke up, and now just a steady rain, which makes me want to do nothing today. The cats are driving me nuts and I was about to play some WoW when they decided to do a server restart, so the system will be down for a bit. I hope this isn't an omen for a disappointing day all around!

What is everyone else up to today?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Good Morning!

• Good morning!

Today seems promising.It is prety cold in this office but I will live.... hopefully...

Awe.. I haven't played WoW in forever. I might play the sims today. I did go to my food tasting last night and it already went way better than the last caterer because they showed up...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    I worked a 15.5 hour day yesterday.... I was at work from 9 a.m. till 12:30 a.m. and then had a half hour drive home. Back at work this morning at 9:30 a.m. So this will be me all of today:

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello!  I am having another slow start because the prescription I take as a preventative for chronic migraines makes me feel like a zombie in the morning.  I am about to head out to take my car in for some scheduled maintenance and check up in preparation for our South Dakota road trip.  At some point today I have to work on some resumes...

• Morning!

I'm sitting at my desk, avoiding work to finish my book.  As soon as I'm done, I need to finish putting in emails and names for our Save the Date for our December conference.  Blech.
    I french with my man
  • I'm at work, trying not to work. I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

Today is finally warm and sunny, so yay for that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @BostonGIrl4732  Thank you for this gif.  It makes me feel less alone and reinforces my hypothesis that I, along with many other women, probably should have been born a gay man.

Top of the morning to the rest of you snarkies!  I'm at work, balancing my typing between TK and press releases.  Mentally gearing up to see my ex tonight for the first time since we were still dating half a decade ago.
  • Apple, thank goodness you were able to move on from that other caterer!  How was the food?

Oh, Buzz, that's a long day!  I feel bad for my husband's long days right now (always do, but now especially) b/c he works 12 hour days and right now the hotel they have him in is 1 1/2 hours from the rig! So he has to drive 1 and 1/2 hours to work, work 12 hours, and then drive it back!  Ugh!

I hope your migraines get better, RWS. I get some pretty nasty headaches from time to time myself. Not sure if they are officially migraines or not, but they can be pretty debilitating. 

Peek, I need to work on my book as well. I have been avoiding it the last couple weeks. 

Jackie, I don't envy that. Right now the only exercise I am doing is walking, and sometimes I am too lazy even for that!

Teddi, it's been raining on and off here all week. Supposed to finally be straight sun in the next day or two, though. 

Boston, I could probably use some wine. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Addie, what are you reading?
    I french with my man
  • I have packing to do, books to return to the library, a kitchen to clean, and a flight to catch at 4:30. DON'T WANNA DON'T WANNA DON'T WANNA  

• It sounds like wine all around

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @AddieL73 Me too that was hell! The food was delicious and there is a ton of it! which is a bonus always!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Stage, I formally apologize for laughing at your situation, but that receipt is straight up hilarious.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• What kind of tub?  A rubbermaid tub? A bathtub?

I feel like lack of specification is only the first of the issues with that receipt.
    I french with my man
  • What kind of tub?  A rubbermaid tub? A bathtub?

I feel like lack of specification is only the first of the issues with that receipt.
    Right?   Like maybe who is "me?"
    Exactly.  I might be willing to accept it as a receipt if the type of tub, names, and price were specified.  Was it at least a good deal?
    I french with my man
  • Good Morning! It is pouring down rain and I am making a pot of coffee... I work the late shift at work today so I am starting dinner in the crockpot so that way when I get home all I have to do is take it out. FI has to work today as well and he told me that he has two clients who called him this morning asking him to come look at something for them. 

Stage that person's writing is almost as bad as one of the doctor's I have to verify prescriptions for... His handwriting is worse than chicken scratch. 

• Morning!  Almost afternoon for me!  YAY!! 

My entire region is plagued by flash flood warnings.  I guess I better get out my bathing suit.

I'm SO happy that I get to leave work earliler than normal for a doctors appointment.

FI and I play in a community band that runs throughout the summer, and tonight is our second rehearsal for the season.  Another yay!  I'm so happy to be playing my trombone again :)

Currently in the ongoing process of learning how to post gifs.  I will never give up on this!

• Good morning everyone.

It's raining here and it's putting me in a crappy mood. Work has been crazy this morning. I have been running back and forth from one campus to another and am now just getting my work started. I really wish my coworkers would get their shit together. @stagemanager14 I feel your pain, I have to get authorizations from insurance companies and sometimes the doctor's offices will tell me: "um, yeah, I guess it's approved? I mean, does it really matter?" Uh, yeah it matters, you want to get paid? So far, nothing like that has happened today (yet).

Also, I got paid today, and the good ole' state I live in taxed me $28.54 on a $50 award I received at work. I just told my manager I'm not doing anything that would require me to get an award or bonus anymore. She agrees with me. So fucking stupid.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Oh, Peek, I'm reading trash. I thought we were talking about books we are WRITING. For some reason I thought you were, too. That's what I've been neglecting. 

• Morning!  Almost afternoon for me!  YAY!! 

My entire region is plagued by flash flood warnings.  I guess I better get out my bathing suit.

I'm SO happy that I get to leave work earliler than normal for a doctors appointment.

FI and I play in a community band that runs throughout the summer, and tonight is our second rehearsal for the season.  Another yay!  I'm so happy to be playing my trombone again :)

Currently in the ongoing process of learning how to post gifs.  I will never give up on this!

You should be able to just copy a GIF (right click) and paste it in your reply on TK. Easy peasey!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    @AddieL73 - Thanks for the well wishes.  So far, the headaches are under control, but the medications I have tried all come with their own delightful array of side effects.  The one I am currently on makes me groggy in the morning and nauseous throughout the day.  I am trying to change to smaller meals with more snacks to see if that helps.  What kind of books do you write? 

@buddysmom80 -  I hope your day gets better.  You can always look forward to long the weekend...

• @rws2011 I cannot wait for this weekend, even though it's going to rain. But, I'll have plenty of alcohol around to pass the time!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - shall we convene the first meeting of "SO Lost to Xbox Support Group" this weekend?  We need a snappier title.
    I french with my man
  • @peekaboo2011 bf came home last night at like 1am from the hospital and was on his Kindle still talking about Xbox 1. I'm like, dude shutup I'm trying to sleep. I think he was ranting and raving about how you can't buy old games or something, idk I was drunk.

I think we do need a snappier title. Also I may need your help this weekend with mending some pants.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary

@applejambutter glad you had a better caterer experience!

It's a dreary rainy day today and FI and I don't have anything going on tonight for once so we are having a movie night in today and I'm making a new mac and cheese recipe. I'm kind of a connoisseur of different mac and cheese.

Peek, what are you reading? I'm on the hunt for new Kindle reads.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just finished "The Poisonwood Bible", and then last week I read "The Lake of Dead Languages."  Both very good.
    I french with my man
  • Hey ladies, It's been a busy day for me! I have class tonight too which is making me blah! All i really want to do these days is work on my garden and fix up the backyard. I have no motivation for anything else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards