Louisiana-New Orleans

Reviews for Vendors

Hey, I just got married last Saturday and it was so fantastic and painless and lovely that I had to take the opportunity to brag on the people who made it happen:

Our day-of/constantly helpful wedding planner was Andrea Butson from Vim and Verve event planning. We're a pretty non-traditional couple, and beyond just being generally warm, communicative, cool, and calming throughout- Andrea orchestrated a wedding that was a perfect reflection of our personalities. During the entirety of the process as well as on the day itself she was encouraging and organized but never pushy or impatient. Her steady hand kept not only us and our guests on track but invisibly managed every detail of setup, dinner, cocktails, scheduling and breakdown without wavering. I'd heard stories from friends about wedding planners who are cold or corporate or  "treat you like a job." Andrea was the antithesis of that kind of thing- her attentiveness and kindness made everything feel like natural, personal and relaxed. She also worked harder to make things special than I can possibly begin to explain - suffice to say above and beyond doesn't even begin to cover it. I would highly recommend Andrea to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding planner, be it day-of or full time. It should also be noted that although our budget was pretty small Andrea's customizable packages made it possible for us to hire her without breaking the bank and at every turn she treated us as though we'd paid a top dollar. 

Our photographer was Gabrielle Chapin from G. Chapin Studios. When we began planning the wedding a year ago I knew absolutely nothing about how things were done, but I knew we needed a great photographer so when I got lucky enough to stumble on Gabby's incredible work I knew she was the person. In addition to taking fantastic pictures Gabby is a lovely person. Her perpetually punctual, advice-filled emails made the process of planning the wedding infinitely less stressful. On the day of, she was accessible, accommodating, professional and cool. Neither my husband nor I are all that comfortable having our pictures taken but Gabby's relaxed demeanor put us at ease and made the potentially stressful group photos totally fun and simple without anything looking posed or artificial. I would absolutely recommend Gabby to anyone looking for an amazing, versatile photographer. I feel very lucky to have had the chance to work with her.

For our photobooth we used Deep Fried Photo, and they were great. Nice, professional and speedy. The pictures looked great and went up within 72 hours. 

Our desserts were done by Dawn at Shake Sugary. AND THEY WERE SO DELICIOUS. Seriously- I just got an email from a guest asking me to find the recipe for the mock Hubig's pies we served. We chose not to have a cake and in its stead Dawn came up with a variety of innovative little bites (Rosemary shortbread cookies with grapefruit curd? Good lord.) each one of which was so good people were lamenting being too full for third helpings. She also does a delicious and amazing job on gluten free/ vegan items and thanks to her we were able to have something tasty for every dietary need. Her prices are reasonable and she does her own drop off and set up (the dessert table looked very cute). 

Our caterer was Laura Arrowood. We were dead-set on having a really (really) eclectic, international menu and Laura went to work and made it happen. People are still telling us how good the food was. Laura and her staff were amazing. Extremely professional but also friendly and nice to work with.

We got married at the Marigny Opera House, which, sadly is not doing any more weddings in order to fulfill their charter mission of being a community artspace. That said, if you're in town definitely try to check out an event there, it's super cool. Other notes: Your Event Delivered did all our rentals and they were great. Easy to deal with and very streamlined. 

Hope these are helpful!!

Re: Reviews for Vendors

• And I forgot! Our flowers were done by Chris at Flora Savage who put together a beautiful and elaborate display for next to nothing. 
    Also please excuse the 9 million typos, I've still got a big case of blurry weddingbrain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards