North Carolina-Outer Banks

Nail Salon

I know we've discussed this before, but I CANNOT find the thread, so I'm going to post a quick new one.  I had asked about nail salons, especially reasonably priced and able to accommodate a larege amount of guests.

I researched and gathered a lot of info I wanted to share, and hopefully save some OBX brides valuable time!

Someone had alerted me to "Ocean Nails" in Southern Shorts (right near HGI).  They certainly lack in the website department, BUT make up for it in size and price.  I chose to go here in order to accomodate my large group (10-12 ladies) and their wallets.  It's only $35 for a combo mani/pedi AND they can take TEN people at a time for pedicures.  She said it's about an hour to do the combo.  A la carte:  mani=$15, pedi=$25.  No deposit needed, I just reserved our time slot over the phone.  Also ok for us to bring in champagne/snacks.  Seems like your typical nail salon you'd go to anywhere.  I'll report on details!

Other (nicer, more spa-like salons) are as follows: (all allowed you to bring in food/drink to celebrate)

Harioics- Kill Devil Hills- $67 combo, +$6 for french, $200 deposit (applied to total), 4 pedi stations. 
Eden Day Spa- Corolla & Duck- $60 combo, +$10 for french, mani=$22-32, pedi=55-70.  Minimum amt required to hold the time.  3 pedi stations
Diva's- Southern Shores- $60 combo (1.5 hrs), mani=$20-30, pedi =$40-60, credit card # to hold the reservation, 3 stations
Koru Village- Avon- $65 combo
Spa Vogue- Kitty Hawk- $70-$100 combo
Lotus Day Spa- Kitty Hawk- express combo = $50 (45 mins), express mani=$20 15 minutes; express pedi= $30 and 30 mins.  Deluxe mani= $30-45, deluxe pedi= $50-$65.   Smaller day spa, harder to accommodate large groups, but will do it whenever they can.  Only 2 stations (if not for that, I would have chosen here)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nail Salon

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, TGI!  I might hit up Ocean Nails. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Klassy Nails? I asked Amber from Bombshell's, who is doing my makeup, for a recommendation and she replied:

"I always recommend Klassy Nails for a good fast place, it is at mile post 4.5 on Hwy 158.  If you would like a Spa atmosphere than I would recommend Aqua S in Duck."

Just FYI
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Klassy Nails the day of my wedding... went by myself w/my Kindle in hand just to get away.  Really nice ladies, though not necessarily fluent in English.  I got there around 10 am and took around an hour for a mani/pedi (w/french manicure for the hands).  I think I paid around $40, maybe slightly more w/tip.  I wouldn't hesitate to use them again... 

FYI:  the french manicure looked really bad after a full day on the beach/pool post wedding. Something about the salt water, sand, and chlorine combo seemed to really deteriorate the top coat/polish...
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  My salon wanted to charge $75 for a mani/pedi!!!!  WTH???  On top of that, they won't allow champagne in the salon b/c of liability....which is VERY strange to me b/c I have never been to a salon that didn't allow it.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_nail-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:4b863178-c631-47eb-9b48-907b99eaf721Post:2c81d8cd-13e9-4a09-828e-3c8cefb5b55c">Re: Nail Salon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info!  My salon wanted to charge $75 for a mani/pedi!!!!  WTH???  On top of that,<strong> they won't allow champagne in the salon</strong> b/c of liability....which is VERY strange to me b/c I have never been to a salon that didn't allow it.
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Rookies.
  • edited December 2011

Ladies should I get a pedi for our wedding?  Of course not with colored polish, but maybe something guys get?  Or is that too "girly"?  I hear men can get 'em too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Philly, why are you on a nail thread?

Wink

Actually, I am setting up appointments for me and FI next week for pedis/manis here.  You guys have skin too, right?  And it feels good.  We're going to be barefoot, photo shots of hands, etc.  Just buff out the nails.
  • edited December 2011
    Phillyboy---my fiance will be getting one to get his feet looking nice!!! I don't know if you are joking or not, but my Dad routinely gets them for goot foot care...

so, yes my fiance will be coming with us if he wants to :) Unless it is on the day of the wedding! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wasn't kidding.  Never had one, but hear they are pretty awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, my Fiance has gotten a "man- pedi" they usually actually have a separate name for them and everything for you.  he loved it.  Last time I got a pedi, it was a packed salon and there was  HUGE football player of a guy in there getting his MANicure and pedicure and knew no one would mess with him ;-)   I think it's a great idea though; I  bet you'll have pics of your bare feet on the sand, so you want them to look okay!  I'll prob try and get my FI on board with having one too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards