Snarky Brides
Options

Day after brunch

We are adding a day after brunch to our wedding and inviting everyone who's coming to the wedding. We have about 40 out of our 100 people already booked at our hotel block. If you had a day-after brunch, how did you estimate final guest count for it? 

Re: Day after brunch

• Options
    My cousin is doing this.  They have a RSVP on their website with the information included in an insert in their invite.  I'd put the word out and have people RSVP to it.  Have you sent out invites yet??  Could you add something to those, or to a wedding website??  Those without internet would need a phone call too

• Options
    That's a good idea. Unfortunately, we decided to have one after the invitations went out. We are thinking of sending invitations specifically for the brunch, but we need an estimated headcount pretty much now. 

I also just thought of something else. Should we invite people who were absolutely invited to the wedding (don't worry), but couldn't come? Or just limit it to people who RSVP'd yes to the wedding?
  • Options
    Is it a DW, where you know people can't come and won't even be there??  Personally, I'd invite everyone cos I wouldn't want to be left out of something like that just cos I couldn't make another day

• Options
    It's not really a DW. It's in my home town so about about half the guests live there and half live where my fiance and I live now. The brunch would take place the next day at the same hotel as the wedding. While people probably won't travel from out of town for just the brunch, there might be a handful of locals who just already had plans our wedding night but could make it.

• Options
    I'd invite everyone.  Like I said, I'd be a little put out if I wasn't invited just cos I couldn't make the wedding.  

• Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    We invited everyone on our guest list and didn't have an RSVP. I gave them an estimate based on who was staying the night and who lived close by. We were way off on the estimate. Luckily it was at a hotel with a buffet so it wasn't a big deal. What kind of venue are you using? Is there any penalty if you overestimate?
  • Options
    daria24 said:
    We invited everyone on our guest list and didn't have an RSVP. I gave them an estimate based on who was staying the night and who lived close by. We were way off on the estimate. Luckily it was at a hotel with a buffet so it wasn't a big deal. What kind of venue are you using? Is there any penalty if you overestimate?
    I'm guessing you overestimated, right? What percentage of your guests came? We definitely need to ask the venue more questions, but I'm pretty sure we are just stuck if we overestimate. They set it up in a completely separate room than the regular restaurant, which does not hold a Saturday brunch for the general public.
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh no we waaaaaaay underestimated. We had 92 people attend the wedding and I think we had 52 at the brunch. I had told them 25. Oops. Most of our guests had a 1-2 hour drive home and more people ended up staying over night than we realized. It wasn't a problem though thankfully since the hotel can accommodate a few hundred people.

I would find out from the restaurant how accurate your estimate has to be, what happens if you are over/under, etc. Depending on what they say you might have to call/email your guest list to get an informal head count.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards