California-Orange County

Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center - San Clemente

Hey everyone,

I found the Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet center in San Clemente online and the packages look too good to be true! I was wondering if anyone has looked at their location, booked their wedding there, or been to a wedding there before?? They seem fairly new and I can't find too much information online as far as reviews go..

Thanks!

Re: Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center - San Clemente

• Hi Mandydoll,
      I have been to the Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet center in Corona and the prices are not that bad (out of the budget for me thou). The coordinator I met with was organized and very helpful. I found a link for the banquet center in Chino Hills although it is not for the San Clemente center I hope this may help you. 

• FutureMrsW27FutureMrsW27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Hi Mandydoll! I've actually visited a whole bunch of the wedgewood locations: San Clamente, the retreat, glen ivy, chino hills, and fallbrook. Each one has the same basic package, but their vendors and minimums all differ from location to location. San Clamente had the lowest minimum for a Saturday Night wedding at about 10K (the highest I encounted was 14K). I have never been to a wedding there but I can tell you my impression of the location:

Pros - the price! It was all inclusive almost so you really don't have to do much  yourself. There is a hotel that would be a drunken stumble's distance away so your guests wouldn't really have to drive anywhere if they stay there. 

Cons - the ceremony site isn't yet built and it was really hard to envision exactly what they were doing fromt the drawings they showed. I think they said it will be done by this summer though. The cocktail hour is set on a patio that is L shaped, and the bar is in a skinny portion of the L which may be difficult for lines for a bigger crowd - but I don't think this is problem if you have a smaller crowd. Same for the ballroom, the dancefloor would not be big enough for my big group of people who think they can dance. The cocktail hour patio also overlooks the driving range - which they do not close during an event. 

Sorry this ended up being so long! Hope it helped!
  • I've been looking for reviews too! I'm going to visit the location tomorrow to see for myself but no reviews so far from actual brides!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_wedgewood-wedding-banquet-center-san-clemente?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:21c80589-b40f-42fc-b38d-daca39a33867Post:1980d9d7-3a08-49b5-92f0-60a4e04ea2bb">Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center - San Clemente</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, I found the Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet center in San Clemente online and the packages look too good to be true! I was wondering if anyone has looked at their location, booked their wedding there, or been to a wedding there before?? They seem fairly new and I can't find too much information online as far as reviews go.. Thanks!
    Posted by mandydoll[/QUOTE]
  • I went to go look at it myself about a month ago and I was no very impressed... Like FutureMrsW27 said the ceremony site was not built and all they had to go off of was digital pictures of what they are planning to build. I wasn't going to put all my faith in that for my wedding.
    The venue was decent. Really tiny. I wasn't a fan of many things such as no food tasting, the reception room being divided by a wall and to be opened up after that "grill" area was closed for the golfers, and my least favorite was that your guests would have to be walking back and forth across the parking lot to the ceremony site and reception (very difficult for my grandmother who is in a wheel chair, so getting her up over a curb and back and forth wasn't ideal). The only thing they have going for them is their prices and the view. Their prices are amazing however this venue just didn't work for me. Hopefully you'll like it! :)
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_wedgewood-wedding-banquet-center-san-clemente?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:21c80589-b40f-42fc-b38d-daca39a33867Post:78e79040-4a09-4bba-a61d-2ab8d19dbd8c">Re: Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center - San Clemente</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been looking for reviews too! I'm going to visit the location tomorrow to see for myself but no reviews so far from actual brides! In Response to Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center - San Clemente :
    Posted by acoker9165[/QUOTE]
  • I've been, and I booked it! Yes, the altar is not built yet, but the reception room with patio was what sold me. It's spacious, while still cozy enough, and has the ambiance I was going for. I hope they get their altar up soon... but i'm not too worried, since I booked it a year in advance. The all inclusive package is impossible to beat, and for a California beachy wedding, this place is perfect. I found some videos in YouTube, go check it out!
  • The altar is complete now, and so gorgeous...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards