Attire & Accessories Forum

to sell or store the dress??

I am curious what everyone did (or plans to do) with their gown. I had it in mind to sell mine, but now for some reason I just hate to think of parting with it. Is it crazy to keep it to just sit in a box? Any creative ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: to sell or store the dress??

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

A woman I know shows up on her and her husbands anniversary wearing the dress at some point during the day. :)

I don't think I'll part with mine. I'm too sentimental.

• JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
     I'm definitely planning to keep mine too! :) As EllaYoung said, 'It is the keepsake of keepsakes.' I totally agree with this statement! I would have a hard time parting with mine as well. As for some unique ideas of what to do with it, I've read of some people framing & displaying it as art. (Although, this could be super $$). I've heard of people making them & a piece of the grooms attire into a quilt. My girlfriend, (who was recently married), and I were talking about what to do with our dresses not that long ago, and we were saying we could totally have a girls night all dressed up in our wedding dresses. Have some wine & whatnot and just have some fun wearing them again! A few ideas for ya anyways! Good luck deciding! Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be happy you kept it! :) 

*J
  • I plan on keeping mine. 

My only suggestion, is if you keep if for years, then decide to sell it, it won't be the same price. I was randomly looking at craigslist wedding decor/dresses and there were some that were uglyyy and dated and they wanted $500! I was floored. 
  • I had mine preserved.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards