Snarky Brides

Please help me!

Helllllooo! I am starting this thread because I def need some advice.

My wedding is 3 months out. What kind of things should I be worrying about right now? All my BM have their dresses, an appointment is made for the tuxes.

When should I do my hair & make up trial?

When should I send out invites? Wedding is August 31, so I was thinking of mid to end of June?

What part of the ceremony & reception do I need to have music ready for? I know I need music for the first dance, bridal party entrance, but I cant think of what else!

Any help or tips for this point of the planning would really help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Please help me!

• My wedding is after yours, so keep that in mind I haven't actually done it. 

I'm doing my hair trail in August for my October wedding (since I'm doing my trials and getting boudoir pics done). 

Music: 
    Processional: BP & Bride (can change for the bride)
    Recessional
    Entrance at reception
    Parent dances
    Couple first dance
    if you're doing any bouquet/garter toss
  • I didn't do my hair trial until a couple weeks before the wedding, but I'm sure that's not normal. I wasn't originally planning on having anyone do my hair, so that was a last minute decision. 

Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. 

Everyone is different on what they need music for, but you should be planning for the seating of the parents and grandparents (if you're doing that; we didn't), the wedding party, your entrance, and the recessional. As for the reception, that is really going to vary depending on what all you're doing. We did choose a special song for the cake cutting, but that was kind of pointless b/c we didn't stop everything to cut the cake, and I'm not sure people even knew it was happening.

Are you doing favors?  Programs? Any DIY projects like card boxes or table numbers or anything?

Is your cake ordered?  Final decisions made with the caterer? Photographer set up? Wedding bands? Can you get your license yet? We couldn't get one until a month out, but if you can get it sooner, you might go ahead and do that so you don't forget. Just don't lose it!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Wedding rings!!! :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • You can get the trials done at any time.  I personally lean towards 'as early as possible'.

Missunshine's list is good for the songs at the receptions.

At three months, I'd recommend sitting down and making a list of items you still need to take care of (if you aren't using TK's list).  It's far enough out that if you think of any surprises, you can easily tuck it away and take care of it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• if you are not using a regular hair stylist I would start finding someone now.  I did my trial a month out but it was someone I had been going to for a few months already. 

everyone else had good advise, so i will not repeat

Anniversary
  • Thank you everybody for the advice.

I completely forgot about the wedding bands! I already have mine, as the set was handed down from my mom. But, FI doesn't have his. We both have off today, so I am thinking that we are going to go to my favorite jeweler & check some out.

I started my music list last night...only a few more songs to figure out.

The menu & such is all taken care of. Same with the cake. I do have to find a cake topper soon!

I have to meet with my photographer soon to go over everything. She just got back from a mission trip & she is MOH in a wedding in June. Maybe once that wedding is over, I will meet with her.

When we get our license, we only have 60 days to use it. So, I think sometime in July we will get it.

Thank you again! I feel like I am not prepared at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards