October 2013 Weddings
Options

Registry stalking

Never thought I'd be "that bride" that stares at a registry (seems "gift grabby" to me) but now it sounds like fun. Anyone stalking yet? Anyone get anything yet?

Shower invites are not out and I don't think people are even thinking about us yet - forget buying gifts. But, it still sounds fun. Any action?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Registry stalking

• Options
    My mom knows where we are registered and one of FI's sisters asked where we are registered today. Invites don't go out till June shower in July. I think I will be a registry stalker though. It is exciting to know what is happening and you will not know who got it for you till that day of (I know there is a way to find out on some registry websites but I do not plan on doing that).

I do not like being the center of attention and my shower kind of makes me nervous. I think taking a little bit of the surprise out will make me less nervous (or at least in my mind it will).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I hate surprises, so once the time comes, I probably will stalk it.

Currently, I cannot even get in my Kohl's one. It is pissing me off!

• Options
    We've gotten a few gifts off our registry already.  FI's family and friends give engagement gifts, something my family doesn't do, and so I do stalk every once in awhile to see if we should be expecting packages :)
  • Options
    We haven't even registered yet - we should get on that!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    I just registered last week at Pottery Barn and Bed Bath & Beyond. My shower isn't untill August, but invitations are going out next month. I'm still adding/deleting items from them. I'm hoping once the invites go out, I'll try not to look :)
  • Options

I'm with you!  LOL...  URG, really need a day set aside to do this...  Can someone tell me, do you do it alone or with your FI?  I think he may divorce me before the wedding if I drag him to a store for hours picking out stuff and not buying anything! LOL...  He is the type, "have a list, go in, get it, go to checkout" 

• Options
    kcnolan21 said:

I'm with you!  LOL...  URG, really need a day set aside to do this...  Can someone tell me, do you do it alone or with your FI?  I think he may divorce me before the wedding if I drag him to a store for hours picking out stuff and not buying anything! LOL...  He is the type, "have a list, go in, get it, go to checkout" 

I went with FI, but I went with my sister when she was engaged. It totally depends on each couple. You can go to the store and then give him the login if there is anything he would like to add from online. That way he gets a say and gets to add items, but won't have to go aisle by aisle if he doesn't want to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Yeah I just started stalking when we got our first couple gifts last week. It seems gift grabby to me too... but I can't help it! It's exciting!!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning to register this weekend and we have actually made a list of exactly what we want to register for! I'm sure we will get distracted with pretty things a few times, but it was useful to sit down and assess what we needed to replace (sheets, towels, etc), what we needed to get (toaster that actually works?), and a couple extravagant things (kitchenaid stand mixer!). 

I hope that will help, because my FI is the same... but this way, we are going in, scanning from a list, and getting out! :)
  • Options

We started our registry at BBB together but we got exhausted/overwhelmed after we got through the glasses/dishes. So we didn't even make it to the Bed and Bath sections. I started our Target registry myself online and it was super easy for me and I just showed him the stuff I was registered for and he was like "oh, cool." I think he appreciates not having to go through every aisle like we did at BBB.

We did exactly this!  I got him to finish BBB with me after a two day trip.  I started the target registry myself online.  I added a few things but I want to go to the store myself and see what they actually have. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    We did Khol's and Macy's. I'm stalking because I can't wait to get my wedding china! 
  • Options
    We're doing kohls and Bbb I'm doing about 80-95% myself as when I asked FI if he wanted to go with me he said "what's a registry?" And the last time we were at kohls together I said something about registering for new towels and he replied "we already have some"...yep like 3 mismatched 5yr old or older sets...it's a good time to get new ones. His family I guess just doesn't really "do the whole shower/registry/wedding thing". His sister went to the courthouse and his cousin is getting married in July but there aren't any showers. I am trying to talk to his mom to see if they even want me to invite his family to mine in August. I don't know if its a cultural thing or what (FI is 1st gen American family is from China).
  • Options
    Oh and I will be a total stalker though I wish I wasn't lol
  • Options
    We're using the Amazon universal registry. Right now, we have Lego sets, Ticket to Ride expansions, knives, kitchen appliances, humidifiers and lawn stuff. We have 29 things on the list and are having an IMPOSSIBLE time thinking of what else to add.

• Options
    Register?  Whuzzat?  :p

We've talked about.  Like twice.  We -know- we need to.  We just don't want to go do it.  We've both been busy, and, with the nice Texas spring weather (you know, before Satan unleashes hell's temperatures on us!), we're out enjoying it on the motorcycle or horseback.

So, I'm sure we'll eventually piece one together.  He wants a registry done by Harley, I want one done by any tack store with a few practical pieces.

Honestly, doubt we'll be having any showers thrown for us (which I'm cool with), so the registry isn't super high on my "Let's Get It DONE" list.

Those invites though...*sigh*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards