Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Update

SwazzleSwazzle New Jersey member
10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
Did everyone have a good long weekend? 

Friday it was pretty miserable here so I did nothing. I couldn't even get motivated to work out that night, which ended up being a theme for the whole weekend. 

Saturday H and I went out to breakfast at our favorite local spot which was on DDD. We stopped at the farmer's market and stocked up on some fruits and veggies. I made buffalo chicken dip and cupcakes and we watched hockey and rented 'Side Effects' which was really good! 

Sunday I was drunkety. I went to brunch and then out for more drinks with my BFF and then met up with H and some of his friends at a local bar that night. 

Yesterday H and I went to a Memorial Day BBQ and I ate ALL the things. I couldn't bring myself to get on the scale today lol 

Overall, it was an awesome weekend! 

Re: Weekend Update

  • That sounds like a fun weekend!

    Friday I got to leave work early (thank God) and I went home and met up with FI for his tennis match that night. I drank a whole bottle of wine while watching him play tennis...oh well.

    Saturday we went to a cook out at my mom's coworker's lake house. That basically made FI and I want to get a house on the lake someday. It was gorgeous.

    Sunday we went to church and then drove over to SC to hang out with FI's grandmother for the evening and the next day we spent the entire day at the lake soaking up the sun.

    I'm exhausted today and my throat is sore. Everyone in my family has been sick during the past couple weeks which makes me nervous. I hope I didn't catch anything.
  • thejucheideathejucheidea East Nashville, Tennessee member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

    On Saturday, one of Tyler's friends came over to meet the dogs because she's going to be staying with them while we're in California next week.

    Sunday was 100% devoted to watching all 7.5 hours of new Arrested Development episodes.

    Yesterday, I mowed the yard, did the laundry and washed the dogs while Tyler worked from home. Yay for time and a half plus holiday pay!

    I'm just stoked because we go to California on Friday!! It's been two years since I visited my Grandma in Newport Beach, so I'm so excited to see her again AND enjoy the cool weather there.

  • KeptInStitchesKeptInStitches the Northern Plains member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    It was awesome! So awesome I don't want to go to work today ...

    BF and I just spent the whole weekend relaxing with each other, which we both needed to recharge. Well, he recharged, I got to forget about the world for a while, but it has a nasty habit of coming back.
  • It feels like a Monday to me, I'm really struggling to get anything done today.

    Friday after work, I went to our other hospital since BF's mom was admitted there. We ended up talking to her urologist and finally got some answers since she couldn't explain what was going on with her. Basically her blood pressure was so low it was causing her kidneys to shut down. We ended up buying her a blood pressure monitor for home so she can keep track. The doctor put her on new BP medication and so far her BP has been 120/80 and 130/80. When she was admitted her top number was between 75-80 so it was really low. It's kind of scary how not keeping track of that can cause a whole list of other problems.

    Saturday was horrible weather-wise. I cleaned, shopped and made food for the party we were throwing. BF's mom was discharged (early!!!) from the hospital, so he brought her home and showed her how to use her BP monitor. Everyone showed up late, and my one friend cancelled because she found out she has MRSA on her sideboob and was worried everyone was going to skeeve out. I told her that unless she was rubbing her boob all over the food, I don't think we were going to get MRSA. We ended up playing CAH and drinking a lot. It was a lot of fun.

    Sunday it was sunny out but cool so we went to Oceanstate Job Lot and bought a firepit and some pool supplies. I was hoping to find a solar cover, but they were out of stock, so I'll have to go again Saturday and see if they're in. We got home, made some more guacamole (since we ate all the guacamole from Saturday night) and hung around not really doing much. It was too windy to break in the firepit, so I ended up watching "Behind the Candelabra" on HBO. It was such a good movie. Michael Douglas nailed it as Liberace.

    Yesterday was gorgeous out. We went back to BF's mom's house since she didn't know if she was using her BP monitor correctly, and showed her how to use it again. After that we went to Home Depot and got some supplies for a craft project I want to try that's a planter/birdbath. We got home, BF mowed the lawn, then I started working on my craft project. I also cleaned the pool just to stay outside.

    Glad to hear that everyone had a great weekend!

     Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 Washington, DC member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    Sakaroni, that's you next year!!!!

    Friday I had a GS meeting, and we had a formal sit-down with one of our girls to let her know that she wasn't getting all of her service hours from my event, and that we were debating pulling the rest of her hours as well.  She has about 2 weeks to prove to us that she's actually going to engage in the program, or we're pulling her hours and pulling her parents into the conversation.  So, that was fun.

    Saturday BF and I went grocery shopping with mom, and then I headed home and spent the afternoon sewing/quilting, and BF went to a wedding.  According to him, cash bar, the ceremony ended at 5:30, BP showed up at the reception around 8.  The bride tried to go drink for drink with his dad, and he and his brother realized that they were the smartest people in attendance.  It was a very klassy affair.

    Sunday we had our date-day.  We spent the afternoon at the Natural History museum, got to see the Rolling Thunder demonstration, had lunch at a cute little pub, and then went shopping and I made dijon rack of lamb for dinner.

    Yesterday we had a bbq with a bunch of friends, and watched Chernobyl Diaries.  I'm a little scarred and will probably sleep with a light on for a few nights.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thejucheideathejucheidea East Nashville, Tennessee member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Oh, and in wedding-related news, I decided the song I want to which I want to walk down the aisle! Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the organist to see if she's able to play it or is willing to learn it, then we'll be set on that one part of the wedding. I need to figure out what song I want to exit to, but at least I got one half of the equation. The song is the rondeau from Purcell's Abdelazer Suite.

  • labrolabro Hotlanta member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers

    Sounds like everyone pretty much had a good long weekend!

    Friday I went for a run with my BFF and then had pizza and wine with my parents. Saturday BF and I joined the fam for a day at the lakehouse of my mom's former bosslady. Incredible house with an incredible view! BF and I did a little kayaking and I went way overboard on drinking and eating. Sunday BF and I went on a run because I've been designated his "trainer" for the 10k we're running in July. We did 2 miles before he pooped out and spent the return trip pretty much walking. That night we attended a friend's 30th birthday bash. I didn't blow my diet that night but it was tough with all the tasty food surrounding me. Monday BF and I helped my parents with some yard work and started painting their basement. We're doing the wall in two tones separated by a chair railing as my Mom's 50th birthday/Mother's Day gift. We also planted Japanese eggplant, serrano peppers, yellow squash, and baby bell peppers in her garden since she had some extra space this year.

  • Glad everyone seems to have had a good long weekend! Buddy, glad your BF's mom has got some answers and is doing better.

    Friday my mom made a delicious pot roast and veggies and stuff, so we had dinner together, and then I cleaned up around the house and did some preparation for school.

    Saturday and Sunday I worked, and it was a good weekend at the unit, so no complaints there. Went over to BF's house on Sunday night and we went to sleep at 8:30 because we were both exhausted, me from work, him from baling hay all weekend.

    Monday was terrific. I had planned to go back home and read my textbooks (already have something like 8 chapters to read for the first class), but BF managed to convince me to stay until 11 or something last night; I'm so proud that we still like each other, haha. We had an awesome stay-at-home date; we went and visited the horses/barn cats and looked for the little fawn he saw bedded down in the hayfield the other day, then watched House Hunters International and judged everyone, had terrific sexy time, and had a marathon talk about the next year and how we're going to do this. He was telling me how he's getting excited to look at houses and get engaged next spring/summer, and we were just making plans and enjoying the anticipation a little bit. Per NEY philosophy I try not to indulge in too much future-talk, lol, but it was really nice to hear that we're both looking forward to the changes that are coming relatively soon.

    And tomorrow I start nursing school, eek! I have never been so excited and terrified of something all at once.
  • Good morning ladies!!

    I know I'm new around here, but I'm just going to dive in on this one!

    Friday night we spent the evening with the kiddos playing Scene It! 
    Saturday morning we got up and did some grocery shopping. Then, Saturday night I got to take my sweet girl to see Taylor Swift in concert. It was a total surprise for her. I'd been keeping the tickets a secret for MONTHS! The look on her face and her reaction when she found out was absolutely the greatest moment ever. I love those mom moments!

    Sunday we had family and friends over for BBQ and the Ranger game (I'm a total baseballaholic) and Monday we completely vegged. I didn't even get in the shower until 4pm and even then I just put on another pair of yoga pants and tshirt! 

    I am not being productive this morning at all. Only 37 more days until my next long weekend. I'm ready for vacation.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles Denver, CO member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    It sounds like every had a great weekend!

    Mine was pretty boring. I was dog-sitting for BF's family while they were in New Jersey and they got back late Sunday night.

    Yesterday BF and I just spent the day relaxing, not doing much of anything. Today we are going on a hike and I'm super excited! We were going to go yesterday but figured it would be much less crowded today.

  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    @bethsmiles -  I was pet sitting over the weekend as well, for my sister.  It did culminate in a weird Monday.  I had been stopping over twice per day, as requested, and hanging out for an hour or two each time.  She has 3 cats, one of which is currently holed up alone in her room with a broken paw in a cast.  The other two cats are eaters, so she has them on a feeding schedule.  I was stopping over in the morning and at night to feed and love up the kittehs. 

    On Monday, I was on the couch reading when the doorbell rang.  As far as I knew she was not expecting anyone.  After the second chime in short succession, I opened the door to find a middle aged man who looked surprised that someone answered.  He then started to ramble something about the owners, or if there were new owners.  There were no business materials, like he wanted to drop off info about some home service.  I just said I wasn't sure and he walked across the street to a waiting truck.  I took down the license plate number and ended up reporting it just to be safe.  I should also note, that both her side and the other side of the duplex have been robbed within the last year.  After that I did not feel safe leaving her place alone, so I called in reinforcements, our brother and cousin took shifts after I left and until my sister got home.  She was grateful for the peace of mind.

    Other than that, FI and I went to a friend's bday party on Sunday with a bouncy boxing ring for adults and lots of great food.  Then, we went to a friend's going away party, where my FI met a nationally known dj/producer who expressed an interest in collaborating some time.  That time ended up being yesterday.  After FI puts some finishing touches on the 2nd track, they will send it to this guy's record label and B might have new vinyl released!

  • This weekend was awesome to start out, slightly cruddy in the end.

    Saturday and Sunday were amazing. Bean and Tap took 6th place in their Pony Pleasure class (I know-that class title could totally be twisted lol) out of over 20 other ponies/riders. He was so in tune to his pony, relaxed and had fun. It was some of the best riding he's done at a show, ever. I was super proud of him. Then we went back to the barn and I taught him how to use my camera and let him take some pictures of Tap. He loved it so much and said he wants to take more pictures. So, when I upgrade my equipment I'm going to hand down my current camera body to him.

    Sunday night, I missed out on our anniversary date due to some unforseen circumstances. Upside, was Bean and Senor got to spend some father/son time together, as we gave Bean my movie ticket.

    Monday, family had stated they wanted to have a cook out, and then they didn't show. F it. I sat on the couch, napped, and watched TV most of the day.

    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

  • My weekend was so awesome I didn't want to wake up and come to work today at all.  Friday we hung around the house.  I touched up the paint and trim in the master bedroom and our entertainment room.  
    Saturday we got the condo ready for our renters. Ran some errands and stayed in.  Also FI's parents and grandma visited us to see us all moved in.  They bought us this outside beverage cooler it's great. Sunday we went over to a friend's house for a bbq.

    Yesterday we ran to three different home depot's and got what we needed to begin to redoing our back patio.  If you are FB friends with me it looks really great so far. It was easy and didn't take too much time at all.  We had a nice relaxing weekend of hanging out with friends and doing things around the house.  All of our need to do things are done so these are just projects we want to do. I love how the place is turning out.  There was also lots of really good sexy time this weekend :-)


This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards