Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How do we decorate this place. HELP!

We signed our contract with the venue. One provision that I missed the first go around was. "table top & free standing decorations only, nothing it to be glued, nailed, taped, etc. to the doorways, ceilings, posts or walls." It's a large enclosed pavilion, with floor to ceiling glass windows and exposed beams all white washed. We hadn't planned on grand opulent decor just simple draped fabric and pomanders from the ceilings. Now what? It's a large space with high ceilings. I worry only table top decorations will look to sparse. 

FYI: Coastal, country, New England, seaside wedding.

Re: How do we decorate this place. HELP!

• Options
    " It's a large enclosed pavilion, with floor to ceiling glass windows and exposed beams all white washed. " This sounds beautiful and as though it wouldn't need anything else. Do you have a picture for us?
  • Options
    It never occurred to me to do anything BUT centerpieces for decor. I wouldn't sweat this. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Link to the venues site?
  • Options
    BecauseYouAreBecauseYouAre member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013

Can't find many pics oddly most have ceiling decor. 

• Options
    Wow, think even without the wall/ceiling decor the space is gorgeous! I think you will be fine with free standing decor...but if these are the pictures you can find, maybe bring them up to your venue coordinator or whoever.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    From what you shared it doesn't sound like ceiling decor is prohibited. You just can't tape or nail the decor. You can drape or tie it to the rafters like in the photo.
  • Options
    Love the draping and the paper lanterns! Talk to the venue manager about those decorations, if you think they are needed and if you want to do that. I really don't care for the pole or chair garlands. That view IS the decoration.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Uplighting?
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sxyktn812 said:
    Zip ties and Velcro wraps!

Smart!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am in the same dilemma of sorts but don't have the gorgeous windows!  No tape, staples- nothing on the walls and I can't even hang anything from the ceiling.  Although it is costly in some ways I am doing a couple things- depending on your wedding theme or style perhaps it will help.  We want uplighting (could be used for columns) it is a nice dramatic touch- DJ's tend to offer this in their services.  The second thing that occurred to me- I have a victorian like theme so I am buying various plant stands (think wrought iron like) that are free-standing and will decorate with silk greenery and other things with my theme. 

Also what about suction cups on some windows to hang things?  Windows can be washed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards