Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Caterering Price? Is this amount a fair price?

Hello! I recently met a potential food caterer, and they quoted me roughly $3300 for 70 people. It's going to be a small wedding, her price pretty much included everything, linens for tables, punch, drinks, real glassware, real plates, no paper plates, servers and bussers, Appetizers and meals, Which I was able to pick and choose the menus. Its going to be a buffet style setting, this company also sets the tables and makes a very good presentation of the food/drinks. I want to do a little research and just make sure this is a accepting cost. The caterer was super professional and I loved what she had to offer. 
-Any help be much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Caterering Price? Is this amount a fair price?

• That was in the neighborhood of what ours cost for the same number of people. Of course, it is bound to vary by city or region, but I think that sounds very reasonable.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Definately depends on the area.  I'd check with your local boards.  By me, most places charge around $100/person.
  • It will vary by geography, but IMO that is an excellent price. That's about $47 per person all inclusive. I couldn't find anything around here in that price range, and that was just for food and alcohol.

Your local board will be a great resource on the Knot. Check for the board (Seattle or Washington) nearest your area, ask for opinions on the caterer if anyone has used them, etc. I used my local board a lot when planning my wedding, and the other brides do as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_caterering-price-is-this-amount-a-fair-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:cfd58f1f-9fb7-4279-81b2-9279c7402086Post:9e1b5245-4e5b-4180-b240-0977a72ec7bd">Re: Caterering Price? Is this amount a fair price?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It will vary by geography, but IMO that is an excellent price. That's about $47 per person all inclusive. I couldn't find anything around here in that price range, and that was just for food and alcohol. Your local board will be a great resource on the Knot. Check for the board (Seattle or Washington) nearest your area, ask for opinions on the caterer if anyone has used them, etc. I used my local board a lot when planning my wedding, and the other brides do as well.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

That is more than reasonable!
    "Always be kinder than you think is necessary, for you never know what personal battles people are fighting."
  • That sounds like an amazing price to me! I haven't been able to find anything even close to that!
  • That is an amazing price. I wish I could have that price quote.
  • Siren89Siren89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That quote almost sounds too good to be true.  I would be sure to read their contract very carefully to make sure that you aren't being charged extra for the things that she offered such as linens and dishware.  As a professional caterer, I have seen some companies offer things in consults that are not included in the price that they quote.  

This is not to stop you from going with them at all, but I just want to make sure that you know that it is very easy for a quote to double or triple once you have signed a contract with them.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards