Just Engaged and Proposals

a proposal story for the books.

So I've been engaged for a little while but I never put up my proposal on the boards! So here we go::

It started with a text from one of my best friends the night before.  She said I was being kidnapped the next afternoon to get my nails done with her. I was immediately suspicious since I had mention wanting to have my nails done before the proposal (I already knew it was coming just didn't expect it that soon!). She  managed to put off my suspicions about that and the fact that my other good girlfriend, whom she had never met, was coming along too(though she had a little help from my fiance on that one). 

And so I went to work expecting just another day at the office. Half way through the day a bouquet of flowers arrives with an inscription of looking forward to the next chapter in their lives, from that point I knew something was up. But of course I didn't want to jinx it and played it cool. After getting off I was swooped up by my girls to get out nails done. They advised on getting a bright color and some sparkle on the ring fingers (I wonder why?!).

After the nail salon one the them took off to go meet up with her fiance for a prior engagement.When I arrived back at my apartment, my fiance had set out a dress, shoes, jewelry, and a coat for me to wear. Next to all of this a card that told me to take my time getting ready and to text him when I was ready. My friend did my hair and make-up, she was supposed to drive me around but she needed to spend time with her uncle being deployed the next day! So when I was all dolled up I sent him a text and he sant one back that read " For the first part of your trip you will be on your own. Though you will meet friends along the way.Head to the place and reason we first met." Which was O'Charleys, where he got a job and distracted me consistantly! When I arrived there I went to the host stand and was given another card that said to go to the frist place we had our first "unofficial" date.

The second place was at the movie theater, that night we had gone to see Batman, The Dark Knight Rises. After the movie we stood in the parking lot talking for FIVE hours! Crazy right?! Anywho, I went to the parking spot that we talked for so long and our dear friend and his now best man was there with another card and the framed first part of a poem my fiance had written me when we weren't even dating yet! In the second card Andrew told me to go to the place where we started sharing our beliefs. I admit it took me a little bit to figure out where he meant, but with my friends clues I figure it out!

So off to First United Methodist Church downtown! When I got there my friend who went to get her nails done with me and her fiance were waiting for me at the gorgeous fountain(the one in our engagement pictures) with the second part of the poem framed and a third card! In the third card my fiance told me my next destination was at the place where I gave him a look and he had to drag the meaning of it out of me. [back story: me fiance had cooked for me and was doing the dished afterward. I was sitting on the counter watching him when a moment of clarity came to me. I just knew that I was going to marry him.Sounds silly, But I just knew.]

Driving like a mad woman ( I'm so surprised I didn't recieve a ticket!) I got to my fiance house. His best man was there with the third part of the poem and a card that said that his best man would take me to my final destination which was the Milton boardwalk gazebo. On the way there he was great at calming my nerves and the car ride was filled with laughter all the way there, perfect. When we got there it was raining and SUPER windy,our friend told me to close my eyes and went to get an umbrella. He then walked me to the gazebo where My now fiance was waiting dressed in suit and tie, with candles all around him. I wish I could tell you exactly what andrew said but I was so overwhelmed with emotion and trying not to cry. He knelt down and next thing i knew i was crying and shaking(in part to how cold it was!) and I had a GORGEOUS diamond ring on my finger! I couldn't have asked for a better way to be proposed to. After we all piled back into the cars and parted ways with our friend we headed to his parents house and then ended the night at my parents with delicious steak dinner! I was lucky enough to have my entire family home for the weekend and to share the news with them! So there you have it, my movie qualtity proposal!

Re: a proposal story for the books.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards