Ohio-Cleveland

Some reviews - May 18 wedding

We are from Cleveland but got married in New Orleans. We had 38 out of town guests with us.

First a tip on shoes – I bought beautiful Seychelles I Do shoes over a year ago, and then also bought white Croc sandals with a small heel for walking around taking pictures and dancing.  Denise from Julianne’s Bridal Alterations was awesome and put a few front bustle loops on my dress and made it work with either pair of shoes.  After a few days of walking all over the French Quarter, the high heels were not an option.  I had pictures taken of them but never actually wore them, and nobody will ever know or care.

Tip for destination couples – we arrived in New Orleans on Wednesday and left the following Wednesday and it was very hard to have time on our own. Even when we didn’t plan on meeting up with anyone, we would run into our guests everywhere. I loved having friends and family with us, but it didn’t feel like a honeymoon until we spent a few days in a luxury cabin in the Smoky Mountains on the way home and were able to just do whatever we wanted.

Dress and Bridesmaids dresses – from David’s Bridal. The Canton store is so much larger than the Fairlawn store, so I recommend going there if you have a big group. The staff at the Fairlawn store was awesome though.  No issues ordering or receiving the dresses. One dress was sewn a little off around the waist, but in the end it was no big deal.  I had Julianne’s Bridal Alterations do my hem and bustle and add tulle straps. The bridesmaid’s dresses needed no alterations. I spent more than I wanted to but in the end I felt like I had the perfect dress.

After searching every store I could think of, I bought a cake stand for about $15 with a coupon at Hobby Lobby.

I made my own invitations using Craft Artist, had them printed by Vistaprint, then went to Hollo’s in Brunswick to buy nicer envelopes that fit the invites and inserts better. Hollo’s is a must for any DIY projects.

Jewelry and accessories – mine was all vintage and borrowed, but I bought a lot of gifts and peacock fascinators for the girls on Etsy.  I am officially addicted. 

Broestl & Wallis in Lakewood cleaned and sized my rings (my husband’s grandma’s rings), cleaned my grandma’s cameo, and shortened a gold chain for me to wear.

Re: Some reviews - May 18 wedding

• Thanks for sharing!

I am using Denise from Julianne's Bridal Alterations - first appointment in August. I've thought about a front bustle so I can change shoes - glad to know she can do it well.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • megra03megra03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Thought never crossed my mind to look at Hobby Lobby for a cake stand - Thanks for the tip!

p.s.Congrats!

• The Hobby Lobby in Medina had cake stands in two separate areas of the store, some with wedding stuff and some with cake baking supplies so look around. I pulled up a 40% coupon on my phone while in the checkout line.
  • Also I wanted to add that my mom got a beautiful dress for about $90 at The Winner in Sharon Pennsylvania, and I also got an ivory feather and netting fascinator there for about $40. She lives in Youngstown so it wasn't a big deal for us to go there, but if you feel like a road trip, it's worth taking a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards