Georgia-Atlanta

Planning Dilemma

I have found a beautiful venue that i love. It is 1225, 325 refundable after my event. Allows outside catering or self catering. Allows alcohol, byo. Full catering kitchen, as well as spaces for getting ready, buffet area seperate from reception area, etc. Its great!
My dilemma is that im a diy bride and im getting quite overwhelmed. The coordinator that is associated with the venue is optional and i really like her, although i feel she is kind of not listening to me when i speak about my budget and my wishes. Should i use the coordinator and all her items, staff, etc while still self catering? Or should i just skip the coordinator and purchase my own things, such as linens, dishes, etc?
HELP!

Re: Planning Dilemma

• Are you getting overwhelmed in trying to pick all of the things yourself, overwhelmed because the coordinator is trying to pick things for you, or a little of both?

I think if you have a solid grasp of what you want and where to get it, then skip the coordinator (also make sure you have people that will be setting up).  

If you aren't sure or are stressed over linens, dishes, and such, then let the coordinator help.

I keep going back and forth myself on a day-of coordinator too, mostly because I don't know how else to get the decorations up and ready.
  • If you aren't feeling comfortable with the venue's coordinator, can you bring in your own, at least for the day of? For instance, the girl who is doing my flowers will also do other decorations (including a candy bar or food), and will even coordinate the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You guys were right, I actually sat down and talked to my fiance and we settled on the Roswell River Landing. Might have to change the date if its not available, but thats fine. Im excited. Its $900 + $500 deposit. The deposit holds your date so you can pay the rest off in increments if needed. There are no restrictions except for you have to have an officer on duty, and thats $30 an hour. There is a beautiful outdoor space overlooking the river, and the inside has a gorgeous room with chandeliers and a loft are, a kitchen as well as other amenities. This place is great, I cant wait!
  • Well, you need the help. So i would give her specific list and have her sign off with that checklist. No room for discussion since this is your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards