Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

DJ/ Hair and Makeup

This is an odd combination but these are the next 2 things that I need to book. :) For a DJ we are looking for someone that can get everyone involved and keep the party going all night. I want someone that doesn't steal the show, but don't want my guests to not have a good time. For hair and makeup I am looking for someone that can come to the hotel where we are getting ready. I would like someone that is reasonable priced too. Ay suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Re: DJ/ Hair and Makeup

• Options
    Hair- Brooke Rockwell
    Makeup- Julie from Pittsburgh Make-up

They are friends and will come to your hotel, amazing reviews on theKnot.

We are using Eric from 2nd II None as a DJ. A bit pricey but has the best reviews I have found, I researched a lot. 
  • Options
    I second Brooke Rockwell for hair, I have complicated hair and she made it look exactly how I envisioned.

I had a bad experience when I chatted with Julie from Pittsburgh Makeup, this sounds crazy but she was seriously talking me out of working with her because it was a long drive for her. I used Joy from Beauty by Joy and she was so easy to work with and did a really great job. Definitely glad I opted for the airbrush!

As far as a DJ, we talked to Eric from 2nd to None and liked him a lot but were also worried that having a DJ and a separate Emcee would mean the emcee would "steal the show" like you mentioned. We ended up using DJ "H" (Harold Purdy) from Modern Era Weddings because he has the same style as DJ Bill Bara (recommended a lot on this board and on other sites) but is a lower cost. He was exactly what you described you wanted in a DJ. If you do a search on this board for him you will see my full review, we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My advice is make sure you book the on-location makeup and hair soon! I emailed a bunch of people for my October 4, 2014 wedding and they are already booked!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    It is outrageous! I'm 16 months in advance, and I thought I may have an edge but apparently I don't!  I'm scanning this thread for on-site hair recommendations since my top three choices were booked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    For DJ we used Klicker Productions for our January wedding. They are a husband and wife team and did a great job keeping the speeches on time and moving and people on the dance floor all night. I highly recommend them. 
  • Options
    Scott Miser from Beaver is a great DJ.  He was booked for our day.  
    Still looking for a makeup/hair person. sorry.

• Options
    Elisha Evans is fantastic for hair and make up! She has been cutting and coloring my hair for years and has done formal hair and makeup for a number of events! She is doing my hair and make up for my wedding on June 1st! She is very flexible and willing to come to you! She is able to do any style you want and work with any type of hair! I highly recommend her!!!
  • Options

DJ: Pifemaster Productions

Makeup: Beauty By Joy

Hair: Monica Kitta (PM me if you want her info!)

• Options
    mek241mek241 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you all for the help! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards