Moms and Maids
Options

flower girl/jr bridesmaid dilemma!!

We are having a small wedding next spring. I have 3 friends in my wedding already and my fiance has 5 sisters.. 2 (his stepsisters) are my age and I would love to ask them to be a bridesmaid too. His three younger (half) sisters will be 14, 12, and 10 at the time of the wedding. I thought about having the younger sisters be jr bridesmaids but thats 8 bridesmaids!!! Are they too old to be flower girls? I'd hate to ask the younger ones to just serve cake or pass out programs. I want them to feel like a part of the wedding too. Any advice???

Re: flower girl/jr bridesmaid dilemma!!

• Options
    lhaydon said:
    We are having a small wedding next spring. I have 3 friends in my wedding already and my fiance has 5 sisters.. 2 (his stepsisters) are my age and I would love to ask them to be a bridesmaid too. His three younger (half) sisters will be 14, 12, and 10 at the time of the wedding. I thought about having the younger sisters be jr bridesmaids but thats 8 bridesmaids!!! Are they too old to be flower girls? I'd hate to ask the younger ones to just serve cake or pass out programs. I want them to feel like a part of the wedding too. Any advice???
    Why couldn't they stand up on his side?
  • Options
    dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Agreed with making them all bridesmaids.  I have 7 bms and 4 flower girls because we have 1 niece and 4 cousins and they were all campaigning to be in the wedding.  They get to wear a pretty dress and will be super excited, and it won't negatively impact your day in any way.  I would be as hands off as possible to make it easier on yourself though (i.e., I told the mom's of the flower girls to get whatever white or ivory dress they wanted for their girls), so it is less to worry about. 
  • Options
    I don't think they should stand up on your side unless YOU are super close to them.  I think they should stand up on his side and forget about 'titles' and 'jobs'
  • Options
    And  please know that serving cake and passing out programs are considered crap jobs and honor no one.
  • Options
    I've served cake at a wedding. Please don't do that. It sucked big time and is in no way going to make them feel special. Either make them bridesmaids and/or readers and have them stand on either your side or your fiance's side. Or just have them be guests. Not everyone has to be IN the wedding. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards